Lil Indina Outlaw Chopper II ebay

Quite a confusing mess. lol. I know the serial number plate was done like that on the newer bikes. I have a 1999 and a 2000 (different model) and the stamping is like that. "Genuine Lil Indian". Wonder when they started that? They have moved around Michigan so many times, I'm sure there history is messed up.

pomfish

Being that these newer generation mini bikes were sold as kits, they may not be stored in numerical order and may not have been shipped in order either, serial numbers may very well be all over the place in terms of date sold.

I for one have never trusted anything that says "Certificate of Authenticity"
Like the 3 million guitars supposedly signed my Ronnie James Dio, etc.
Bogus baseballs, etc.

Not sayin these certificates are fake, just hate that whole process.

After reading the Lil Indian minibike history again, it seems like the go carts are the real rare items that they made.
Anyone here own any of the later versions?

Later,
Keith

Wouldn't surprise me; the passage of time can be a bitch. I'm sure that (difficult to read, needs editing) history page was written decades after most of those events occurred, after memories had blurred. Notice that the eBay bike I posted is purple and has the small wheels, which was the reason I posted it. Compare the COA of the bike below to that of the small wheel purple bike; the serial number is higher, by a mere two digits, but the date is over four years earlier; the newer bike should have the higher serial number, not the lower, and even if it did, I would expect a much greater difference. That leads me to think that even the information on the COA is questionable. My guess is that the information on their history page is probably inaccurate and that the guys' memories probably are, too. I'm a little curious about the wire wheels on the bike below, wondering whether they were an option or if the owner sourced them elsewhere.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lil-Indian...rentrq:5b9e07b41630ab12a7cda4c7fff97f5d|iid:1

View attachment 105275

View attachment 105276

View attachment 105277

View attachment 105278
Here's the serial number info on my purple chopper. The numbers aren't dramatically different than yours. Apparently mine is #5 (of 20?). 05 00 67391 #5. I think you're right though, memory is the worst thing. and as you get older, it doesn't get better... Another thing that we didn't consider... they could be just making this crap up!

View attachment 105279
I will have to agree. The only thing the history they posted has...is the actual numbers and stuff from years of paperwork. So it is closer than a memory probably. I hold them all in high regards....but have heard too many different stories told to friends or to myself that differ. I visit them time to time to chat about minis....but take the stories with a grain of salt anymore. 30 plus years ago the stories were spot on...but time and age have seemed to take its toll.

Being that these newer generation mini bikes were sold as kits, they may not be stored in numerical order and may not have been shipped in order either, serial numbers may very well be all over the place in terms of date sold.

I for one have never trusted anything that says "Certificate of Authenticity"
Like the 3 million guitars supposedly signed my Ronnie James Dio, etc.
Bogus baseballs, etc.

Not sayin these certificates are fake, just hate that whole process.

After reading the Lil Indian minibike history again, it seems like the go carts are the real rare items that they made.
Anyone here own any of the later versions?

Later,
Keith
Been saying that for years....the 80s and up minis are rare considering so few were made also.

Last edited:
Been saying that for years....the 80s and up minis are rare considering so few were made also.
Oh yeah, let me store that information with FOMOGO's Ford Grenada value post. :laugh: Because who can dispute the value of things manufactured in 1980's America? From mullets to DeLorean's to Mitsubishi-powered, Government bailout K cars, it was truly a decade to try and forget.

The only thing I know about Lil Indian, is that when I had a question when considering buying one, (an old one, not a Millenial, OHV craptastic one) I ask Cheezy because he knows more about them than anyone I know, and is holding on to some early, rare ones for me right now. :anon.sml:

pomfish

Well Dave you got some points there however the 70's Dodge Diplomats and Chrysler Cordoba's with Corinthian Leather were even more disgusting than the K Car (Which actually got good mileage for the day with the 4 banger 4 speed models).
And never forget the worst import, ever the Plymouth Cricket.
Then we had the Mustang II which only was only good for one thing, to steal its front end for street rods.
Yeah the second half of the 70's sucked balzz in the American Auto industry.

The 80's cars are now coming into their own in the collector markets with the Mullet Generation reliving their youth.
What it is.

Gov't bailouts came back again since then and Bless Ford's heart for not being in line for corporate welfare.
Laterrrrrrrrr

Keith

Oh yeah, let me store that information with FOMOGO's Ford Grenada value post. :laugh: Because who can dispute the value of things manufactured in 1980's America? From mullets to DeLorean's to Mitsubishi-powered, Government bailout K cars, it was truly a decade to try and forget.

The only thing I know about Lil Indian, is that when I had a question when considering buying one, (an old one, not a Millenial, OHV craptastic one) I ask Cheezy because he knows more about them than anyone I know, and is holding on to some early, rare ones for me right now. :anon.sml:
Thanks...but your still not getting the bikes. :laugh:

Maybe they only said they made 20 for tax Purposes.
Pomfish hit it on the head with the Kellye Ann reference, which brings me to deduce, that the Russians are
behind trying to deflect, and divide our long time bond as Mini bikers.
I am calling in the cavalry as we speak to disrupt this perception of alternate numeric universes.
Does anybody know where the serial number is on my Lil Indian Outlaw 2 chopper is for verification?
Or is it a North Korean Kopy, made in Iran.
"AVENGE ME SON'
DSCN5888[1].JPG

Plymouth cricket kicked but with the optional do it yourself 426.
I would venture the Yugo as being the worst, as it sales brochure touted the rear window defroster,
to be used to keep your hands warm, while pushing it from behind.

Ray's memory is sketchy as hell. I have a backtracker and the frame is just slightly different than the brochure ad in a couple places if you look close, so I sent him a pic years ago to verify what it was and he told me that it looked like some other bike that when I googled it, didn't look anything like it other than being balloon tire. Sometime later Mean Dean was there and sent me pics of their display and right on the wall that he walks by every day is a promotional picture of my bike with the identical frame. They obviously made a couple changes before going into production.

Hmm... so are they just confused about their own product line? If that’s so, how can We believe anything, whether in person, or in writing on their certificates, or on the web? I asked ray and John when they started making the choppers and they said early 2000’s. You say 1997? Does anybody have the real story ? 1 of 20, or 1 of 40, or 1 of 200, pretty wide numbers...
I've been in the minibike hobby since before the early 2000s, and they were definitely around quite a while already. See my post above. I have a lot of respect for Ray, but his memory is shot.

I can't remember if it said when they went to the 2 piece frame/kits.
It would have been when Regis's Minimate factory burned down and then he reaquired the Lil indian Company since the later Lil Indian is just an evolution of the Minimate. the Minimate is bolt together at the rear axle tabs, but one piece head tube, so the frame doesn't break down. (At least mine didn't). The later Lil Indian design was more than likely made to be easier to ship.