Little bit of Redneck fabbing

So the under seat header tended to make for a warm butt, even with it wrapped. So ordered a side mount for my Coleman. Beautiful pipe, ceramic coated.
But, always a but, the pipe laid right up against the plastic TAV cover. First looked at maybe modding the cover, that was a no go as the point I needed to move was right up against the driven pulley nut.
So It was either heat up and bend the pipe, or rig up an extension to move the header flange out from the engine. Didn't like the idea of taking a torch to the pipe, so I hung the header loosley and held it out to get an idea of how much of an adapter I would need to get the clearance I needed.

Homer Simpson moment, well DUH! Or maybe a "Here's your sign!" No need to get fancy. Took another header flange, and angle grinded it so the top was about 1/16" and the bottom was the original thickness. So exhaust gasket, angle flange, nother gasket, and header. Houston we have clearance! It canted the pipes away from the cover a nice distance, and still up tight enough to the bike. For added protection I wrapped the upper part of the header.
shim.jpg header.jpg