Long time lurker, first time poster

I have an old Baja that I've been slowly modifying. It's been a fun project. The original gas tank started leaking, so I got one of those cheap peanut tanks for bicycle conversions off of ebay, which works much better. I also slapped on an exhaust from hotrodminibikes.

Baja.jpg

This weekend, I'm going to install an LED headlight, replace the brake shoes, swap out the rear tire.

Attachments

No doubt. A buddy of mine recently picked one up as well, so we have fun tinkering and riding out in the woods. I need to speed mine up a bit because it's not fast enough to chase down my kids on their atvs. I'm sure I'll end up throwing a torque converter on it at some point.

Tore it down today and I have a torque converter on the way.

I replaced the stock headlight with one of these. It flickers a little at idle, but as soon as I come off idle, it's fine.

I also installed a new intake and jet from GPS, the engine seems to rev much better and definitely sounds better.

I'm swapping out the rear tire tomorrow and, with any luck, the torque converter will be installed and ready to test by the end of the week.

For good measure, I went ahead and ordered new shoes for the brake. Next weekend is going to be fun.