Looking for a picture of a part.

markus

does the frame have a tab on the left rear down tube to mount something to.
there would also be a section of flatbar welded onto the rear of the engine plate that would hold the full chainguard in place if it was that version....they changed right around that time.

markus

1969 spring summer sears (3).jpg

above is shown in the 1968 and 1969 catalogs they are 2 piece, the good thing is you can probably use the typical azusa chain guard for the engine and it would look acceptable. On the rear chaincover, you may be able to make something out of a bicycle chainguard....thats just an idea/thought I dont know if it would be that easy or not though!

If that is not doable and it is a verified 1967 bike the sears catalag for that year did in fact show them as only having the front clutch chain guard only, so worst case you could make the the mount brackets on the frame simply dissapear.

this bike seen here is an october 1966 coded engine and is a survivor bike. that is last quarter for Tecumseh so it would have been going into 1967 and again that what is shown in the 1967 fall winter sears catalog as well (my saved photo of that is really small unfortunalty so it does not show well bikes stayed the same though in looks otherwise seat design and all as above) , the above picture is shown in the 1968 and 1969 catalogs so I think you could get away with both versions.

Attachments

Thanks for the info. I have a copy of the original manual that came with it and it looks like it has the one like the 1968 and 1969 catalogs. I won't be able to make it chrome but if I can I will fab something as close as I can and either paint in the color of the bike or white like the engine. Opinions?

markus

Thanks for the info. I have a copy of the original manual that came with it and it looks like it has the one like the 1968 and 1969 catalogs. I won't be able to make it chrome but if I can I will fab something as close as I can and either paint in the color of the bike or white like the engine. Opinions?

I would maybe do it in white if you can't replicate in chrome, since the bike is not chromed anywhere else I think It would not look too out of place. I still think a bicycle chainguard could be pulled off, dependant on measurements. This is about as close up as I can get on anything I have saved for photo's It s Tarantula but same timeframe, Looks like they painted all the parts white on it, including the clutch to spruce it up sometime in its life.

sears trantula1 (2).jpg

this one is short off a small bicycle, but has a very similar design, and had some measurements to give an idea at least.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=173973434138

Love to see what you come up with. The mid 1960's versions of those bike were way cool, when they hit 1970 and increased the tubing size, seat style, and other changes, it just ruined the whole look of that bike!!!!