Looking for info on a Dune-Bug

Thanks for adding me to the group! I just picked up this go kart, it appears to be a Dune-Bug, by Bug mfg, the frame on the Dune-Bug was all single square tube though, and this is a round tube wedge frame. A lot of things on the frame, such as the jackshaft mount, and the brake and throttle linkages are identical to one's I've seen in pics of other Dune-Bugs. Another difference is the Dune-Bug had a 1" rear axle, whereas this has as this axle is 1 1/2". I know the Dune Bug could be bought as parts and plans, but the original owner claims to have purchased it like this new. Supporting that, the frame looks like it was build in a manufacturing environment, more than a diy/home job...wondering if anyone here could shed some light on this?

Attachments

I had an original BUG back in 1981. It had the square tube frame you describe. Yours says it's a stinger and looks shorter than the regular bug. I am sure that the body or pan had a lot more length in front of where the steering shaft cover ends compared to yours. I don't remember what the wheel base was but at 5' 11" and 200 lbs it was big enough for me to fit in pretty comfortably.

Thanks for the reply! It can be hard to find info on these, I guess at the end of the day it is what it is! I'm going to put my modified gx390, and some new tires on it, few other things, and let'er rip!