Looking for Tecumseh Number on a Half Tank

Does anyone know the Tecumseh number for the half tank like this one ? Gas tank . Like the one Markus used on Bull Butter . Anybody ?!?

markus

Did you find a part number? Even the older books get confusing on that. My master manual has updates into the early 80's so even those wont give you the correct number since the tank got discontinued they would give a number for another available tank

I got one left I have to solder a short filler neck onto as the standard size necks don't really give enough room to clear the frame.

markus

I think I found the correct number, I found some sheets on the H25-35 in my collection that stop revisions at 1967 last night. 30880 on those and 30880a shows as a number at the 1968 change and revision update, I did verify that number with a knoen, H25's with the half tanks on them from Bonanza's.

Does anyone know the Tecumseh number for the half tank like this one ? Gas tank . Like the one Markus used on Bull Butter . Anybody ?!?

markus , which engine does Bull Butter have on it in this pic ? H25 HS40 HS50 I got the original mounting brackets with my tank and was going to use them on my HS50 but the head bolt pattern is different .

markus

Karen, if the "drooling" smiliy was still available, I would be using it ;)

Eric that was a HS50 longblock made to work with with early HS40 ignition and shrouds. The brackets on it were from a Late model Chrome kit so it had the elongated holes that fit all small frame models. They never actually used that half tank on anything larger than H35 so the Original bracket on yours probably does not have elongated holes to fit all the small frames....They also did not make a larger bolt pattern head till mid 1969 either so if the tank is from the 60's the bracket holes weren't elongated to fit the mid1969-up HS engines.

Can just use a later tank mount on it, Just remember that the upper Rivenuts in those steel tanks are not Sealed, so be careful removing the bolts (maybe derust/decrud the inside of the tank first if needed) and when you reinstall, seal the threads good so it won't leak or seep.

markus

I dug out some tanks to show the difference between the early and later style bracket design. center of course is the half tank with early bracket of course.

delray

Karen, if the "drooling" smiliy was still available, I would be using it ;)

Eric that was a HS50 longblock made to work with with early HS40 ignition and shrouds. The brackets on it were from a Late model Chrome kit so it had the elongated holes that fit all small frame models. They never actually used that half tank on anything larger than H35 so the Original bracket on yours probably does not have elongated holes to fit all the small frames....They also did not make a larger bolt pattern head till mid 1969 either so if the tank is from the 60's the bracket holes weren't elongated to fit the mid1969-up HS engines.

Can just use a later tank mount on it, Just remember that the upper Rivenuts in those steel tanks are not Sealed, so be careful removing the bolts (maybe derust/decrud the inside of the tank first if needed) and when you reinstall, seal the threads good so it won't leak or seep.
I believe you are correct on the early design bracket/tanks. here is one on a early 60's Tecumseh with no slots in the bracket...…..

markus

does look strait! The tall neck is not gonna work in that frame though I dont think. May have to R/R the filler neck with a shorter one, that why the one in my pic has the burned off paint on it from me swapping necks out.