Man it happens again!

2 weeks ago I was heading up to the park to meet up with the wife and sitting out by the road was an old rotor tiller! I threw it in the back of the s u v and brought it home. Cleaned the varnish out of the carb and cleaned the plug! After about 10 pulls she fired up! The gear box for the tiller seems a little tight, maybe stuck, so one free good running 3.5 horse Tecumseh! Earlier today I looked down the road and low and behold sits a old toro 5\21 snow blower out by the trash. I ask the older gentleman if it at least turns over he says it runs great he just put $320.00 in it last winter and then the stater takes a crap! The pull cord pulls but doesn't engage? Pulled that off and put my good pull start on it, bam, the plastic tab that kicks out snapped on my good one also! I pulled the electric starter off only to find the Bendix did not retract! I think it was stuck in the out position! I think it was preventing the engine from turning freely and that caused the plastic tabs to break off! Didn't think I had another pull cord assembly so I wrapped it up for the night! Come to find out my h60 pull start is the same, and its all metal inside! Tomorrow I try that one! Very long story short, another free 5 horse tech with what appears to have a new or rebuilt carb, and for what I can see a new coil, FREE!!!!! That makes it 5 tecs, one orphan b&s, I call it the red headed step child! Now I need another mini bike frame for the new 5 horse tecumseh!

Does that little tab that kicks out in the pull cord assembly brake off very often? Just strange how my good assembly went south on the first try. Could it have been because the electric starter was hanging up the motor?