Manco Big Cat questions

Good Evening. Today I picked up a Manco Big Cat at a swap met. I removed the Tecumseh OHV 5 HP and installed a broken in Hemi Predator so far. I noticed that there is play in the neck bearings. Do you know exactly what bearings are used in that neck? Everyone says to get bicycle bearings. It would be easier to order the correct parts instead of taking in the whole frame. Second question. My first Big Cat had a nice shield between the rear wheel and the engine. This one will throw mud directly onto the engine. Is that shield not installed onto every Big Car? Is it bolted in and can I buy one from any of you? Is there a template I can copy and make my own? Thanks for the advice.

take the neck apart, bring the bearings to a bike shop, let them match a set. chances are, they are an open bearing, encased in either a plastic or metal carrier. probably 1-2 bucks each.

I can do that. Wheels in Motion is a high end shop in my area. They have bicycles in the 5 figures. Any suggestions re a shield between the engine and the rear wheel?