Manco Big Cats with aftermarket tires (not stock knobbys)

It may help if you let us know what you are looking for. Better paved road traction, better off-road traction, just a different look, what?:shrug:

Once I get my Super Bronc VT-10 back together and depending on how well the OEM knobby tires do on the areas I plan to ride it, I was thinking about getting a set of these (and an extra set of rims to keep them on) should I need something with better grip for using it on paved or hard dirt/gravel roads.
Tires | Duro Tire & Wheel

My wife's cousin had a set of the Carlisle Field Trax or All Trails which are a similar kind of tread to that linked (only they don't come in the size that will fit on the SB, Duro's version that I linked to do come in the right size for the SB) on the rear of his 2wd ATV and they worked great as a general purpose tire. I took it through mud, tall, grassy fields and beach type sandy areas and the ATV got through it all rarely losing traction. However, that experience is not likely applicable to a 2 wheel atv like the BigCat or SB, so if you do decide you like either the Duro or the Carlisle's don't blame me if they don't work out. :laugh:

Paul

Once I get my Super Bronc VT-10 back together and depending on how well the OEM knobby tires do on the areas I plan to ride it, I was thinking about getting a set of these (and an extra set of rims to keep them on) should I need something with better grip for using it on paved or hard dirt/gravel roads.
Tires | Duro Tire & Wheel

My wife's cousin had a set of the Carlisle Field Trax or All Trails which are a similar kind of tread to that linked (only they don't come in the size that will fit on the SB, Duro's version that I linked to do come in the right size for the SB) on the rear of his 2wd ATV and they worked great as a general purpose tire. I took it through mud, tall, grassy fields and beach type sandy areas and the ATV got through it all rarely losing traction. However, that experience is not likely applicable to a 2 wheel atv like the BigCat or SB, so if you do decide you like either the Duro or the Carlisle's don't blame me if they don't work out. :laugh:

Paul
I had a super bronc with the field trax on them. 23.5x12x8 size....they trimmed the motor plate for them to fit. They are AWESOME! Don't wanna do that to the big cat.

joekd

I wanted better off road traction on my bike with occasional on road use so I went with a Kenda Pathfinder. So far it has proven itself to have great grip in dirt, mud, woods trails with roots, etc and cant wait to see how it does in snow soon

I had a super bronc with the field trax on them. 23.5x12x8 size....they trimmed the motor plate for them to fit. They are AWESOME! Don't wanna do that to the big cat.
Don't wanta repeat yourself (i.e. using the same tire) or do you mean having to modify the Big Cat? I would think between the FT, All Trail or the equivalent by Duro you could find a compatible size that you would not have to modify the BC. Now if you don't want to repeat yourself, then that is another matter entirely and I can understand. :thumbsup:

This will get ya! These are all the same size tires. The middle one is off a BigCAT. There is 2ply, four ply, six ply, seven ply all in tires for eight inch rims!

The amount of ply's can make the diffrence in sidewall flex. You can sometimes run a wider tire. With 6ply tires becaues you get less side flex. Than a 2ply tire.

More plys also gives you more control.

Howard