Manco thunderbird

Good morning, I picked up a Manco thunderbird roller. Was told it’s a 1975 but seems all the ones I can find online are 80’s 90’s. The frame only has one rear shock mount hole on frame (not 2 like all others) and no rear sprocket guard on frame ( was not removed). Has old style serial number tag with just serial numbers no model. Trying to identify the vintage. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Can’t find any info online. I’ll try to attach pictures. Started restore and mods.

Attachments

markus

Manco didn't get the "thunderbird" into their lineup until Bird, at that point Phoenix (rising from the ashes of bankruptcy with some flim flam name changes :D), went out for good in the middle 1980's. Around 1987 Manco started to offer them and the first ones were the still bird hardtail design. earliest photo I have on hand is from about 1990-1992 and the frame shows the same as yours minus having the lower chainguard/bracket This is from a Kart world catalog I have they kinda ran the same pics for a couple of years sometimes though, In fack the front cover shows the old style, which I why I actually bought the catalog years ago (to get a better idea of actual date of the change) but inside has this... Only dated lit that came with it was an insert sheet with some price changes that were coming into effect late 1992 on some items listed. IMG_3384.JPG

pomfish

Well, the model is listed as 593 and the sticker # ends in 93 sooo 1993?

Had one of these as well but sticker was long gone.
Probably went thru 5 Manco Thunderbirds over the years, dangerous with Predator upgrade for wheelies because of axle being right in centerline of riding position.
Still fun bike. Always beefed up engine plate regardless of engine used to control torque flex. That and mount seat with more screws on rear mounting plate.

Good info. Going to try a 60 and 48 tooth sprocket to find the right combination for torque without wheeling over. Good point with the motor plate.