Massimo MB200

Just got my first mini bike to play around with.
Right after assembly (went through the manual and tightened everything. Oil changed and added gas) the bike was making sounds like potential metal on metal every now and then. Seemed to run alright tho (slow af and not what I was expecting after doing all my research.)
I played with backing the screw out everyone talks about to increase HP with success as well as removed the housing over the air filter and quickly changed my opinion about the bike.
Used for damn near only 30-45 mins the rear tire has locked up and when You try to pull start it it creeps forward.
I’m thinking clutch?
Removed the cover over the clutch to reveal a build up of thick dusty like oil around where the clutch lives.

this normal for a brand new bike needing a new clutch after only short rides in my neighborhood?
I’m about ready to package this bad boy up and send it back
TIA for any input.
Remember I’m new so sorry if any descriptions seem wonky with verbiage.

toomanytoys

Normal a clutch failed? No.

Id say the oil is just oil from the chain and clutch flinging around. Mine are always ugly under the cover.

But it's from China so it's not unexpected... Quality is hit or miss on them.

I like the Chinese torque convertor. Never had an issue. But I see tons of people saying they are junk but I imagine that's mostly user error. As they have to be lined up and shimmed to function properly.

My Coleman bikes have been flawless. But I've known lots of people that they failed parts right away. It's a crap shoot.

Where did you order the bike from?

SAS289

You may want to try a few drops of oil in the area where the crankshaft meets the clutch. (bearing or bushing area of the clutch) Maybe even lean the bike over some so the oil can run in. Then use the pull start to see if it frees up. Or just try rolling the bike forward and back.

Normal a clutch failed? No.

Id say the oil is just oil from the chain and clutch flinging around. Mine are always ugly under the cover.

But it's from China so it's not unexpected... Quality is hit or miss on them.

I like the Chinese torque convertor. Never had an issue. But I see tons of people saying they are junk but I imagine that's mostly user error. As they have to be lined up and shimmed to function properly.

My Coleman bikes have been flawless. But I've known lots of people that they failed parts right away. It's a crap shoot.

Where did you order the bike from?
So successfully got the clutch off and it looks like the spring inside was out of its slot.
Sad that it must have came this way.
after a few hours of playing around with it, sanding some areas and applying small amounts of grease in the right spots I “Rebuilt” the stock clutch.
Fired right up and runs great. Clocked it at 27mph too with out any upgrades other than removing the air filter box.
Thanks for the tips!

toomanytoys

So successfully got the clutch off and it looks like the spring inside was out of its slot.
after a few hours of playing around with it, sanding some areas and applying small amounts of grease in the right spots I “Rebuilt” the stock clutch.
Fired right up and runs great. Clocked it at 27mph too with out any upgrades other than removing the air filter box.
Thanks for the tips!
Glad you got it fixed up.

Their quality control is non existent....

A buddy of mine bought a brand new mini bike and it didn't have a wheel bearing on one side of the rear wheel...

SAS289

Thanks for the tips!
Glad you got it going. Your next step is to change the oil.

You have backed out the screw and raised maximum governed RPM for more speed. It's a good idea to change the oil very often. You want to run the cleanest oil possible when running higher than normal RPM on the stock internals of the engine. It's only 16 oz and easy enough to do.

If you get bored with your top speed be careful about any effort to get higher top speed. There are good and bad ways to get higher top speed. The people in this forum are happy to help with that. Ask here BEFORE you change anything.

toomanytoys

If you get bored with your top speed be careful about any effort to get higher top speed. There are good and bad ways to get higher top speed. The people in this forum are happy to help with that. Ask here BEFORE you change anything.
There will just be another I removed my governor and now my bike won't run. Help!

Glad you got it going. Your next step is to change the oil.

You have backed out the screw and raised maximum governed RPM for more speed. It's a good idea to change the oil very often. You want to run the cleanest oil possible when running higher than normal RPM on the stock internals of the engine. It's only 16 oz and easy enough to do.

Thanks for that, I’ll be doing more research before any other steps.
Just put the gate with a fucked clutch wasent expected at all.

toomanytoys

I mean the help on here is appreciated but I’m not here to have y’all hold my hand.
Will say all of the reply’s are much appreciated.
Just what we typically see here. I just bought a brand new bike and it won't run after 2 hours. You spend time and effort to help someone then they say oh well i did zip tie the governor right before it quit running. Yeap you've blown your motor up....