Massimo/MudStar MB200S review/ugrades

LIVIT

I do feel that the MB'S hate me. With a 60T sprocket and TAV. With Engine as far forward I can go and chain adjusters maxed out. My chain is still too loose. With engine slid back and wheel full forward, not enough slack to take out links. With a 50T sprocket no issues, have not tried my WC with a 50T yet. The engine adjustment and chain tensioner adjustments are very limited. I may also have to find a different header, the one I got my WC tuned too, is making contact on the shock. Might be able to bend it, but may need more of a bend than what I can do without cracking it.

I did get one of the frames that had been welded out of alignment repaired. I got it all setup stock and ready too go. I still feel the best thing about this mini is the stock engine.

I do feel that the MB'S hate me. With a 60T sprocket and TAV. With Engine as far forward I can go and chain adjusters maxed out. My chain is still too loose. With engine slid back and wheel full forward, not enough slack to take out links. With a 50T sprocket no issues, have not tried my WC with a 50T yet. The engine adjustment and chain tensioner adjustments are very limited. I may also have to find a different header, the one I got my WC tuned too, is making contact on the shock. Might be able to bend it, but may need more of a bend than what I can do without cracking it.

I did get one of the frames that had been welded out of alignment repaired. I got it all setup stock and ready too go. I still feel the best thing about this mini is the stock engine.
I really hate running half links, but I've had too, until the chain stretches some, then remove it.
Maybe that's something you can try????

LIVIT

I really hate running half links, but I've had too, until the chain stretches some, then remove it.
Maybe that's something you can try????
Had not even thought about 1/2 links. I've never used one. Could be a viable option if I can't figure something else out today. Going to see if I can increase the forward movement of engine more. I already ground off as much of the riser plate I can to clear the peg mounts. The threaded inserts on the riser are almost making contact on that mount now. I can space the riser a bit higher, but not much or I may start having chain geometry issues. I was also considering using a chain tensioner. Having a mini that is not common yet, I expected to have some fit issues to figure out.

LIVIT

I've used 1/2 links w/o any problems whatsoever. A couple of our bikes have had them on there for over 10 years.
Michael
Michael, tks brother. Having never used them, I had no idea how they would hold up under a performance setup ! Going with a half link or a chain tensioner. Will allow me too still have some chain tension adjustment, that I was wanting. Tks y'all !!! Dale

LIVIT

I had a buddy reweld my original frame, I painted it up and got it ready to go with the good stock engine. Setup with clutch and jackshaft. I have port matched the gaskets and did a bit of porting and polishing on it. Put on a larger stock style muffler and a larger breather filter. Road it around my house yesterday and it seemed fine. Today I checked it over and then took it on a real trail ride. The chain derailed several times, yet it was not loose and the alignment is perfect. I came home got my buddy to come over and he followed me on one of my other minis. He said every time I put the gas to it, he could see the swingarm flex to the left, then the chain would derail ! This is with just a slightly modified stock engine. Imagine if I had one of my 12hp plus performance engines mounted, with a 60T sprocket. This is not gonna work ! The swingarm, shocks etc are not up too me using this mini as my very modified trail/enduro bike.

This mini is ok in a basic stock configurations, if you get a good one, good luck on that. With the current price now averaging $800 to $1,000 plus shipping, not worth it. Walmart, Amazon and Lowes has stopped carrying them. I'm selling both my complete MB's, extra frame and swingarm. I will explain the true situation to who ever buys them and wish them luck. I should of just bought the TM to begin with, but wanted something a bit lighter and smaller frame. I'm in process of ordering a TM now !

Tks for sticking with and supporting me y'all. Least now the truth is here for all to see. Dale

I had a buddy reweld my original frame, I painted it up and got it ready to go with the good stock engine. Setup with clutch and jackshaft. I have port matched the gaskets and did a bit of porting and polishing on it. Put on a larger stock style muffler and a larger breather filter. Road it around my house yesterday and it seemed fine. Today I checked it over and then took it on a real trail ride. The chain derailed several times, yet it was not loose and the alignment is perfect. I came home got my buddy to come over and he followed me on one of my other minis. He said every time I put the gas to it, he could see the swingarm flex to the left, then the chain would derail ! This is with just a slightly modified stock engine. Imagine if I had one of my 12hp plus performance engines mounted, with a 60T sprocket. This is not gonna work ! The swingarm, shocks etc are not up too me using this mini as my very modified trail/enduro bike.

This mini is ok in a basic stock configurations, if you get a good one, good luck on that. With the current price now averaging $800 to $1,000 plus shipping, not worth it. Walmart, Amazon and Lowes has stopped carrying them. I'm selling both my complete MB's, extra frame and swingarm. I will explain the true situation to who ever buys them and wish them luck. I should of just bought the TM to begin with, but wanted something a bit lighter and smaller frame. I'm in process of ordering a TM now !

Tks for sticking with and supporting me y'all. Least now the truth is here for all to see. Dale
Thank you so much for you time. Im sorry that bike didn't work out. I havnt seen 1 around here yet. There's a couple stock TM's I see every now and then, younger teenagers, jus glimpes thur the trails, but no hands on experience. Good luck with the TM, and thx again!!

Vitacci Mudstar had no support. As far as I could tell they had so many complaints that it was taken off Amazon and I may have been the last buyer. I had a three month fight with the seller and Amazon finally settled for $300 so I could replace the motor.
During this time some deal with Massimo was made and Massimo renamed the Mudstar to MB200S when I called the parts department at Massimo I was happy to see I could get parts for my bike if needed. I switch motors to a Duromax key start and I added the Bravex torque convertor, I then added Super 30series torque convertor driver clutch along with a high performance chain, added two new Sun tires with giant knobs, new bearing front and rear, removed the governor added new brake and throttle along with 12" light bar. the rear shock supports will be next but at point I can climb any hill and love the bike. if you are buying this bike thinking all will be great thats not going to happen.
Massimo does not and has never made this bike. I had two Bajas they worked great. the good thing is more people will buy the bike because Massimo has great support and more after market part will be made.

LIVIT

I previously did mention that Massimo was not making the MB and that they did tell me they would have some parts eventually. Regardless of that, at the price point the MB200S is being sold. The cost of doing the upgrades etc.. you can buy a TM and even with the needed upgrades you still will not have the quality the TM is.

Glad you like yours, but only thing good about this mini is the customer support at Massimo. It is a very inferior product with terrible QC. I was impressed with the engine on the first one I got. I'm actually going to use it on another build. The Engine on second mini had issues. Amazon was not the only one to stop selling this mini, multiple others have too. I been seeing them being sold for $900-$1100 plus shipping !!!! That's a ripoff and this mini is not even worth $700 from what I've experienced. I'm not the only one who has had the problems I experienced. I have a FB page dedicated to this mini and many on it are not happy with theirs and are trying too sell them. All the best with yours.

I previously did mention that Massimo was not making the MB and that they did tell me they would have some parts eventually. Regardless of that, at the price point the MB200S is being sold. The cost of doing the upgrades etc.. you can buy a TM and even with the needed upgrades you still will not have the quality the TM is.

Glad you like yours, but only thing good about this mini is the customer support at Massimo. It is a very inferior product with terrible QC. I was impressed with the engine on the first one I got. I'm actually going to use it on another build. The Engine on second mini had issues. Amazon was not the only one to stop selling this mini, multiple others have too. I been seeing them being sold for $900-$1100 plus shipping !!!! That's a ripoff and this mini is not even worth $700 from what I've experienced. I'm not the only one who has had the problems I experienced. I have a FB page dedicated to this mini and many on it are not happy with theirs and are trying too sell them. All the best with yours.

If you take it for what it is
The Mudstar is a smaller bike than the TM it can be handle easier than the bigger TM when climbing hills, My buddy has the TM it's a bit slower on the trails and hills but they do have a comfortable ride. my mudstar with a torque convertor is quicker on lower and top end than the TM I hit 37mph with stock carb, but I did put a duromax in it LOL either way we love riding both and love finding new trails in Las Vegas area to ride.

Massimino is now carrying replacement parts for the 200S .
I got a rear fork and swing arm bolt / nut for mine ,i am going to extend the arm and put a pair of Ebay ATV tracks on it https://www.ebay.com/itm/1340379903...MZXZhmC8Eb5xY58BDFCb/xNA1joU|tkp:BFBM2oaLqehh

so my more elderly neighbor can use it with out fear of falling over , i may go as far as adding a F/N/R gear box and dump bed to it so she can haul dirt arounnd her yard . Pull three nuts ,the bolt and i can swap it back to two wheels in a few minutes . I must have gotten a good one it runs like a top for my 2 mile mailbox runs 6 days a week on a slidy sand road til the wet season !! :cool:

Looks good with the Durmax , how about a shot of the CVT w/o cover and are you using a riser mount ?

I am still stock just a jet/air filter change and running air over shocks with the springs loose . I know is will run well in the wet season as is but the track conversion gonna be mud flying all over the place (Evil Mad Grin ) ! I bought my first digital camera so when i get to that point i will be posing pics of my Insanity LOL .

LIVIT

The stock engine on the MB200S has a cam with plastic gear and the cam lobs are plastic too. So would for sure be planning on replacing that cam or complete engine soon.

Attachments

LIVIT,
Have 2 new in the box non hemi Predator 212 engines bought 5-6 years ago . I really do appreciate the warning about the plastic parts issues in the stock engine !! It will hit 10 hours in the next week .

SAS289

That's good to know but it's certainly not a show stopper. And who knows, it may turn out to be not a concern like the engines that come with plastic cam gears. With those there was never enough evidence to support the concern.