Mechanical Walking Machine Progect

It Is alot of work keeps me busy when there is nothing else to do. Another day of work and the legs will be done. I threaded the 6 shafts for castle nuts. I ended up making a die wrench to make it easier. It took 4 bicycle shocks and a solid half a day to make two that sorta matched for the heels. Also used a lot lighter springs on them than what they come with. I cut out the feet with a grinder and jig saw. Ill probrobly use some old tires to put soles on them. I used skateboard bearings at the pivots

Last edited:
I got the steering pulley pretty much done i just have to cut a keyway in the shaft for the sprocket. Also made the little bar that will steer the neck. It turns a little more in one direction than the other but Itll be ok. Im not going to make a steering shock I think itll be fine as it is. Im also working on some chain mail. I plan to use it around the top of the neck off the back of the head and maybe on the back of body. Ill work on that after the head is done. Im not sure if i want to suspend it between the pipes or drape it over them. Itll be alot easier to drape it over im sure but I want to see how its going to look. I used bigger rings to make it easier on myself. when I did the seat cover on my ramrod it took forever because the rings were small.

Just incredible work and the finished video will sky rocket into the world possibly end up in a movie for big bucks and it's real. Will it have a sound track also ? Would scare the sox off most kids.
Steve

Hey! Very cool. I found your youtube and have been watching some of your vids. When you aren't using your trees to bend tube, what are you using to bend?

Hey! Very cool. I found your youtube and have been watching some of your vids. When you aren't using your trees to bend tube, what are you using to bend?
Thanks I have a few different size conduit benders that iv been using on this machine. I also have a 7/8" JD bender die set but I dont often use that size because the 7/8 tubing is hard to come across and expensive to buy. Alot of the time i just use a torch to heat and bend stuff or just do the pie cut method. Or ill just use already bent tubing from scrap stuff and splice the bends in where i need them.

1/2 schedule 40 pipe has an outside dimension of .840" and is easy to find. Works real well with the JD2 7/8" die.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1/2 schedule 40 pipe has an outside dimension of .840" and is easy to find. Works real well with the JD2 7/8" die.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Very cool I did not realize that. Yeah the place I usually get my metal doesnt carry 7/8 or even 1" and last time I tried to order some they said they wernt sure they could even get 7/8 anymore from their usual supplier so Its just a hastle ordering from them. There is another supplier in town I could try if I had to. But it would be pretty awesome just to pick it up at a hardware store

Jeep, you're the most mechanically intelligent person I have ever encountered. Your builds are ingenious. Seems like you should be working for NASA or something, but I'm glad you are free to do redneck stuff like this.

Jeep, you're the most mechanically intelligent person I have ever encountered. Your builds are ingenious. Seems like you should be working for NASA or something, but I'm glad you are free to do redneck stuff like this.
Haha Thanks bud I appreciate it. I dont think the astronauts would get too far on minibikes though lol

I got the neck pivot bearing in place and the wheels made. I took 26" bicycle wheels made my own hubs with some tubing for 5/8 bearings and made the spokes with conduit. Now they look more like wagon wheels. I think im going to leave this thing bare metal just clean it up and clear coat it. We'll see when the time comes.

The man who can see the invisible can do the impossible.