Micro Cycle

Started mocking up this Early Model Micro Cycle. They were only made from 1960 to 62. I'm using a 60' Tec/Lauson motor. The Rebel was the top of the line with full suspension and a 2 stroke engine. They were built in Tulsa Oklahoma by Race Car driver Buddy Cagle. All models came with Go Power wheels made in East Palo Alto Ca. Now known as part of the Silicon Valley.

Thanks Outlaw! I was wondering if someone added the scrub brake. It is the same exact style as my friends Bird. The Go Powers came off a Bonanza BC 1100 so I might use the Drum Brake. Does any of the Tecumseh guys know if the Early Tec/Lausons ever came in this Color? I'm thinking Not but I didn't see any other color underneath. Joe

Last edited:
Great Looking Micro Joe!!!!!!!! Only one in California?? A Micro was sent to Cycle World in 1962 and had a feature page in April 1962 page 39. Could that Micro still be in Inglewood?? Tulsa Dave

Joe, I see a lot of design similarities to the Flexo there. What a cool machine. I hope you are able to come up with some history on those. I like that engine. Maybe it came originally on a reel mower? Very cool.

Tulsa Dave: I got 2 of them.The other has front suspension and a jack shaft and the original drum brake stamped MICRO. Hope to get it looking nice like yours! Havazu Dave: Yup it kinda looks like a Flexo. When I purchased the first one, I thought it was a Frijole with the wrong forks. Markus knew what it was.:thumbsup:

I think the brake was sourced from Bird manufacturing, the forks are almost certainly GLENCO or Lil Gen units. I believe its the earliest of the Micro Cycles and they sourced some parts and made the rest. I could be wrong but that brake looks like it belongs as do the forks.
Thanks Outlaw! I was wondering if someone added the scrub brake. It is the same exact style as my friends Bird. The Go Powers came off a Bonanza BC 1100 so I might use the Drum Brake. Does any of the Tecumseh guys know if the Early Tec/Lausons ever came in this Color? I'm thinking Not but I didn't see any other color underneath. Joe