Micro-Power Micro Bike info...

These carbs are extremely finicky, borderline imposable. But the only thing that can go bad is the diaphragm. I would probably dump oil right in it and turn it over a whole bunch to get oil everywhere before starting. Then let it drain good.
The transmission is packed with grease and sealed.
I found a recoil/blower housing I have but it is the later style. The later ones have a removable recoil. They don't look as nice but they are much more durable. I would stick with whatever it had originally.
I'm wondering why the blower housing was off when you got it? You mentioned not getting spark. If you snap it past the mag by hand, it should fire, easily. Some guy's claim you have to turn them fast to get spark, whether a Briggs or O&R if everything is correct they will fire by a swift snap past the mag.

Here's an extra blower housing and cyl. tins. But you may want to keep it with the ball and link type? If indeed thats what it had. Do you know the year of the machine? If so I may have the service info and a IPL on the engine. That would show you what should be on it.
Randy

YEAH they are.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I told ya.... isn't that most F-ed around unit ya ever saw? Never saw a saw like that saw... :lol: Just getting the handle off the carb... or carb off the handle.. Or the anything off is about a nightmare... :doah: Sooooooo hows my saw coming? Is it about ready for me yet? :wink: I coulda used it yesterday.. :001_rolleyes:

And yes, they made a Chicken Power..... And it was about the coolest thing ever.. :punk: Next to the super scaled down all brass and stainless, and copper steam powered model boat engines I/O out drives that go for 10,000 on Evilbay.. :doah: Those things gotta be the coolest... :drool:

JOE IS THE FREAKIN' MAN!!! I talked with him after asking him a question about his diaphragm off ebay and he is super nice and full of valuable information. He explained everything I needed to know about the engine, including points gapping, carb cleaning, disassembly and tuning tips. I sent payment via paypal on Sunday night late and he mailed the shroud and diaphragm Monday morning. I got them in the mail today and the shroud is nothing short of beautiful! It looks just exactly like new, right down to the correct wooden pull knob that Joe makes himself. He used cool rope too....black with a red stipe. The sticker on the shroud is an exact copy and very high quality. I can't believe I got it for $40 shipped!
Anyway, I put the shroud on and rebuilt the carb with the new diaphragm. It took a bit to figure out a way to deliver fuel because I'm completely restoring the gas tank and need to let it sit another day to make sure the new liner is completely dry. Once I found a dripper bottle I cranked the engine for a bit and had no luck. Pulled the plug and didn't seem to have spark so I rechecked the points, put everything back together and then tried it again. Had spark so I put the plug in and gave her a pull.

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!

It only ran for a second or two till the fuel in the line ran out, but it sounded good and strong and there are no leaks that I can see at this point. I'll get the tank back together and mounted so I can have a good fuel source and then try to see how she runs tomorrow evening. I'll try to post a video if I can figure that out. It sure sounds cool.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped with information and especially Joe. If anyone has an O&R engine and needs anything let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

markus

Looks like the answer to your question of "who's gonna be able to ride theirs first" in our recent PM's is gonna be you:thumbsup: I actually got my motor assy dropped off at UPS this afternoon and on its way up to Joe. Only took me a couple months to accomplish that simple feat! I must thank you for messaging me, with everything going on I literally forgot about that bike :doah:

Hell, even got me fired up enough to finally assemble another bike in the collection last night which makes a nice big brother to my micro bike as its all chrome like mine is:thumbsup:

Oh yea, PM me your address and I'll make copies of all the O&R sheets I have and drop them in the mail. You gotta make copies of that owners manual for me though (even if its trashed):smile:

You wanna see another cool O&R product? look up a "tiny tiger" I came real close to popping for one when I first got my bike and was cruising ebay. I really want one to go with my vintage camper!!!!!!!!!!!

So I put the tank on and hooked up the fuel. When I turned the fuel I could see it travel through the line and as I pushed the primer button I could hear fuel entering the carb. The next thing I know I've got fuel dripping off the bottom of the engine and coming out the exhaust. I'll have to check the little check ball on the bottom of the fuel pump and see if its not seating correctly.
I cranked it over a few times with no luck. I tried the three choke settings and that didn't help, so I opened the choke at held the throttle wide open. 2 pulls and the little sucker came to life! It took a few times of getting it running to finally jump on board but I popped the kick stand up and took off out the driveway and up the street. The ride only lasted probably 30 seconds and I pretty much had to keep it at near full throttle, but the little baby actually has some power! I'm 220 and it accelerated up the hill on my street. I'm completely impressed with its potential, especially considering I haven't got it running correctly. I'll tell you what though....this thing is tricky to ride! Its really strange having you feet attached to the front axle. That will take some serious getting used to.
Anyway, I didn't get video yet because I was too busy trying to hold on. I'll try to post something this weekend. If anyone has any ideas as to where the fuel leak might be coming from I'd love to hear them.