Mikuni Round Pulse Pump Seeping Oil Out of Vent

Hey,

I finally got my modified predator 212 running and onto my Carter Brothers Go Kart. Once I was finally able to take it for a spin (which was fun as s%*t) I noticed oil seeping out of the pulse pump which is mounted on top of my top plate. My pulse is coming from the hole where the governor used to be (I drilled it, tapped it and put a pipe barb in there) and I have a billet valve cover which is piped into a vented catch can for some pressure/compression relief. So, my question to you all is this: how do I resolve this oil coming out of my pulse pump and also have I ruined my pulse pump? I will share that the motor still runs fine as I have taken it on a few rides with no other issues except for the oil out of the pulse pump. Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance. I really appreciate you all for all of the insight that I have obtained from these here forums.

That is why I generally pulse off the intake and vent from the block ... How much oil are you running in the crankcase ?
I hate to admit that I didn't measure the amount of oil. What I did was took off both oil fill caps and poured into one until it just barely started coming out of the opposite one. Too much maybe? Also, I've heard differing opinions on where to get a pulse from so I just went with that setup. Let me ask you this, should I connect my catch can up to the governor hole and pulse line up to my billet valve cover?

I also use the governor hole to vent and one tried to pulse a mikuni square pump with it. Lots of oil. Tried to run a length of hose up and down thinking maybe the oil would fall down, no go. Now I add a tube to the valcover and go from governor hole to valve cover and valcover on reed valve side still vents out the stock hole but into a small round filter. I also now pulse from the intake but use a walbro pump that has a spring return so it can work on just vacuum pulses however I am sure any pulse pump would still work.

I hate to admit that I didn't measure the amount of oil. What I did was took off both oil fill caps and poured into one until it just barely started coming out of the opposite one. Too much maybe? Also, I've heard differing opinions on where to get a pulse from so I just went with that setup. Let me ask you this, should I connect my catch can up to the governor hole and pulse line up to my billet valve cover?
Is the engine mounted flat? If so that's too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use the governor hole to vent and one tried to pulse a mikuni square pump with it. Lots of oil. Tried to run a length of hose up and down thinking maybe the oil would fall down, no go. Now I add a tube to the valcover and go from governor hole to valve cover and valcover on reed valve side still vents out the stock hole but into a small round filter. I also now pulse from the intake but use a walbro pump that has a spring return so it can work on just vacuum pulses however I am sure any pulse pump would still work.
Hey ole4, thanks for your response. My billet valve cover doesn't have any kind of pcv built into it as it is just an open area and has one port on it. So, today I am going to switch my catch can to the governor hole and put my pulse line to that valve cover and see if that helps.

You can use a pvc or a power brake booster reed valve to help prevent positive crankcase pressure. Mount it in the vent line. The governor hole seem to pass a lot of oil so that is why I added a fitting to the valve cover so it would oil the rockers (maybe?)

So, yesterday I switched my lines and now my pulse is coming from the valve cover and the governor hole is leading into the vented catch can and I believe that I am no longer getting oil into the pump, thank goodness. However, I have not installed a check valve of any sort in line from the governor hole to the catch can and I wanted to know if that is going to cause any issues of any sort??? It seems to be running pretty darn well but I'm hoping that I'm not ruining anything in the process. Thanks again for all of you alls assistance and shared wisdom.