Mikuni vs........

Davis

I like the mikuni for the better throttle response and stronger midrange. But up top they both seem to do the same thing.

I would think it has something to do with the fact that the fuel is sucked into the bore at the choke point(throttle) in the Mikuni. The SA carbs have the choke point downstream from the jet thingy so at mid-throttle the jet has less velocity over it and therefore less vacuum pulling the fuel up the jet.

Both carbs use their own principals pretty well so I guess it comes down to the throat size and what you want to work on.

65ShelbyClone

Slide carburetors have more options for tuning different parts of the throttle range and they don't have throttle and choke shafts blocking airflow. The only thing hanging in the air stream is the slide needle which is there to tune when and how the main jet transition happens.

Depends on what you are doing. Stock carbs flow in the 40’s (cfm @ 28”) best sa bored w epoxy maybe 60 cfm but the chikuni is mid 80’s. A stock head flows 40 to low 50’s. Chikuni also has a oval bore thin and tall giving more granularity to the throttle.

Once I cut a flange and weld up an intake, I have an 18mm Mikuni going on the Trail Flite I bought from you Randy haha. I’m hoping it will give the throttle more range, wish the stock carb had more range. Seems to go from idle to WOT in a quarter turn. I don’t have the cable yet and I suspect I will have to check the jets, it may have been an alky carb before me, I forget. Looking forward to seeing if it improves the riding experience.
I have a 33mm Mikuni on my drag bike but that thing only sees WOT and is kind of irrelevant other than to say that it works great and has given me zero problems.

Once I cut a flange and weld up an intake, I have an 18mm Mikuni going on the Trail Flite I bought from you Randy haha. I’m hoping it will give the throttle more range, wish the stock carb had more range. Seems to go from idle to WOT in a quarter turn. I don’t have the cable yet and I suspect I will have to check the jets, it may have been an alky carb before me, I forget. Looking forward to seeing if it improves the riding experience.
I have a 33mm Mikuni on my drag bike but that thing only sees WOT and is kind of irrelevant other than to say that it works great and has given me zero problems.
I have only heard of guys running Mikuni 22 or bigger on the minis. I didnt even know theu made an 18mm

Not really , a .675 bored carb is $100 by itself .
How much is a cable with both ends cut to length extra long for a trike plus shipping?
How much is the carb? Plus shipping?
How much is the adapter and gasket? Plus shipping?
How much is the air filter? Plus shipping?

How much is a cable with both ends cut to length extra long for a trike plus shipping?
No idea on the cable, I haven’t ordered mine yet.
Carb I got used from eBay it was like $40 shipped.
It came with an adaptor, no gasket it is a clamp on style.
Filter I don’t have yet either.

3 items no tax and free shipping , the cable , well I make mine ! Try the oko , you'll love it !