Mild Clone Build

I am working on a mild clone for my Murray Track 2. Here's where I'm at so far...

HF 6.5
15cc Head - CYLINDER HEAD FITS HONDA GX 160 5.5 HP/6.5HP & VALVES - eBay (item 350374329004 end time Jan-12-11 06:16:24 PST)
18lb Springs
.265 Isky Cam
Billet Rod 3.303" (stock length)
8 degree adv timing
Everything else is stock at the moment.
I will end up purchasing a billet fw, even though I don't think I will be doing much rapping out on this bike/engine. I like 'em shiny. :drinkup: I envision this to be a low end torque bike for messing around off road.
When I heard about the Lone Star Round up in Austin in April (if it happens), I wanted to build this motor specifically for that event.
The engine will be accompanied by a gas Tillotson 334WX (blueprinted by KD). And once I find out where the curves need to be for the oddball Murray frame, hopefully can work with Tyler (Motormind69) on another header.

In case anyone wants to know what a 'mild' build like this sets you back, I added up $384 with everything I listed above. After shipping on parts and tax on the motor, I'd say about $420. Flywheel adds another $100. Hopefully I'll stop before I hit $600. :doah: Almost forgot, still need an intake for my carb. Add $40. Damn this hobby.

I will update this post with it's performance.

Last edited:

Atsownz

Lol yeah I have one 334wx, and a couple others maybe lol... I can't let all my secrets out. Yep! Paint on the tins looks real good, did you paint them?

Yes I stripped and painted today. I'm about to go downstairs and put the last shot of clear coat on them. The picture you see was before the clear.

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is putting the recoil all back together! :doah::doah:

:innocent:....lol! Yeah those recoils are a you know what to mess with. I'm going to have to send you one of my top secret billet fuel caps for that bad boy!:thumbsup:

C9H13NO3

A good tip for putting the recoil together is lay it on a flat surface clamped down, and put the "hook" into it's recess. Then use your fingers to slowly slide the spring into place. I can rewind a clone recoil in less than a minute with that method.

A good tip for putting the recoil together is lay it on a flat surface clamped down, and put the "hook" into it's recess. Then use your fingers to slowly slide the spring into place. I can rewind a clone recoil in less than a minute with that method.
Oh, putting the recoil in is not the problem, I already have that done. It's getting it installed right to where the cord isn't saggin that gets me.

C9H13NO3

Oh, putting the recoil in is not the problem, I already have that done. It's getting it installed right to where the cord isn't saggin that gets me.
Just keep twisting and twisting and twisting. Then cut a little bit off of the rope (1-2 inches) and slip the handle on and tie the knot.

Finally have a good place to put one of the new OldMiniBikes stickers. Hey Hent, these stickers would look real pimpy if they came in black too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
Nice man!
yeah it adds up for sure! ya wana play you gotta pay haha!
keep the updates coming!
i need a studded snow tire for mine lol