Mini Baja 5.5 Jet Recommendations

RobK

I just bought a “Mini Baja” with the 5.5hp engine. It wasn’t running, so I got a good deal on it. I took the carb off and cleaned it real good and got the engine running. The main jet was definitely clogged. Once warmed up it idles nicely, but needs the choke half on to accelerate or run at high speed. I’ve seen many posts on this site saying that the clones often run better with some choke, and that rejetting can correct the lean condition with the stock jet. My questions are, what is the size of the stock jet on the 5.5, and what is the recommended size to cure the lean condition?

I just bought a “Mini Baja” with the 5.5hp engine. It wasn’t running, so I got a good deal on it. I took the carb off and cleaned it real good and got the engine running. The main jet was definitely clogged. Once warmed up it idles nicely, but needs the choke half on to accelerate or run at high speed. I’ve seen many posts on this site saying that the clones often run better with some choke, and that rejetting can correct the lean condition with the stock jet. My questions are, what is the size of the stock jet on the 5.5, and what is the recommended size to cure the lean condition?
Sounds either you have a intake leak,or the carb is is still gummed up with depoists.:scooter: