Mini Bike Back brake

Hi everyone I am new to this website but not to mini bikes. I have this back tire and was wondering if anyone knew the brand or a place to get a replacement brake for it. Any help is welcome!

capguncowboy

I can't see the brand in the picture, but the size looks like it says 130/60-10 -- Ebay has a few starting at around $85: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291179951049?lpid=82

Maybe you can find a lower price, but that size is probably not real common. Maybe a store that sells scooter parts?

That tire actually doesn't look too bad. Are the tread indicators worn?

Last edited:

markus

I Would not be looking in "mini bike" specific sites for it, but maybe a place that sells parts for trailer court cruisers.....I mean mini choppers :biggrin:

Looks like these sweet steeds are what your bike is based off of :shrug::

maybe someone can ID what were called or who sold them, which should help???

Does the brake have to be a direct replacement? I measured it and it came out to be 4.5 inches can I just use one of the 4.5 inch brakes?

capguncowboy

If the drum is 4.5", then it's likely that any 4.5" kit would work. Have you looked on OldMiniBikes?

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Drum Brakes

Just make sure the one you're ordering will work on your set up. You will need an anchor plate to keep the brake from spinning inside the drum. Your bike should have a place for it to set - if it doesn't, you'll want to add one.

Sooooo I'm back guys! Sorry for another noob question but I was concerned with this before I bought the brake how exactly large does the diameter have to be I have a 12mm back axel and the bearing housing is alot bigger then that

I was gonna say that was to but I don't see where the bracket would connect on that brake. Would it connect to the frame or the wheel? Sorry i'm more of a disk brake kinda guy :laugh:

it looks just like the honda knock-offs, like i have on my baja warrior. heard the honda 90's shared the same. search 'baja warrior brake' in OldMiniBikes and look at the sizes.