Mini bike snowmobile

I've got an old chrysler sno-runner which is a similar idea. Only problem is they use plastic paddles on a single chain. Has to be almost perfect snow conditions to run it. Not too deep and on the icy side is best. Also after sitting for years and then catching a few rock here and there, all the paddles break off... This would be much better with the wide rubber track.

Yeah i built it! I was gonna make another but we dont get alot of snow around here? I had the idea from a snow runner but wanted more power and speed.

One of them would be so cool, but I live in Canada and we get -35 celcius temperatures and I am pretty sure that a little Briggs or Honda clone motor on a bike like this would get the carb frozen up when riding in the snow. Sometimes I even freeze up the carb on my vintage snowmobiles. Still would be cool.

delray

smallbikes88, do you remember if that was a 35 chain or a 41 that ran off the torque converter to the outside rear sprocket. it's hard to tell in the picture that is posted....:scooter:

delray

ok smallbikes88,thats a big help. your gear ratio is alot different then my setup. your 32sprocket only comes out to be about a 5.380 outside diameter and my 54 sprocket with a #35chain comes out to be a 6.660 outside diameter. also i am running a 12 sprocket inside the track unit(not a 10sp like i told you before) with the factory sprocket on the power wheel. going to order couple new sprockets today and see if i can speed up things.
in your video,was that top speed or could it go little faster. another thing that can changes things with my track. my track is much bigger. making things even worse....:scooter:

Last edited:
In the video we were driving on wet snow which was like driving on glue. It was sticky, so i think i could have gone a little faster but not much. I also was just using a 4hp honda with the govenor still hooked up.