Mini bike Video

Yep, sure was. Some of those riders were pretty darn skillful! Cool video. I could have done without the lyrics crowding the screen, but it was still enjoyable. Thanks for posting it [MENTION=14475]superflea[/MENTION]
Been there as a youth a few times , growing up in Anaheim , we could see the Saddleback from my house !!

Yes Saddle Back was the best place to go with over 500 acres you had it all big and little tracks. and freedom to ride what you likes and it was not expensive and very limited restrictions. Bring your own bag lunch and ride till sunset. I have t-shirts with saddle back made by Team Swollen owned by Todd Pederson the young rider that D&D sponsored.

I have to disagree with you Steve. IMHO Littlerock was the best place for dirtbiking. It had miles upon miles of open desert to roam. It had the wall which was about 5-6 knarly hillclimbs and the bowl, both of which were a gathering spot to park rigs and when you weren't riding you could watch. When Littlerock reservoir was releasing water you jump in the river boots and all to cool off. The land for the California aqueduct had been cleared but lack of funding delayed construction so you had an eight lane dirt highway for miles where you could tuck in and hit top end. All of this was done on my Montesa LaCross along with all the Bultacos, Greeves, hodakas, Maicos and all other bikes. I was out there every Sunday for probably a year and a half. Man those were some awesome days.

Fred

This one is my all time favorite...
The entire thing is beautiful. What a great variety of shots. There are close-ups, long shots, pans, shots from a moving vehicle, really great shots of the sunset, and it's less than 3 minutes long. The first 15 seconds are just wonderful. The lady's spinning around, the kid's riding circles in one direction and the cameraman is running in the opposite direction from the kid. The kid peels off and heads down the street with the camera turning smoothly to follow him. Well, as smoothly as possible with a handheld camera and a dizzy operator. I wonder how many times they had to try that to get it right? With Super 8, you'd probably rehearse a bunch, then film it a few times and hope you get at least one good take back from the processor. Can't film it too many times, though, because it's expensive. Compare to video, where you can watch the results immediately and keep trying until you're satisfied because you never run out of film.

I would love to do more video or film making. I do little of it anymore because it takes more people and so much more time than still photography. My buddies got tired of me trying to form them into a film crew all the time. :laugh: