Mini bikes, my number 1 hobby hands down. What are some of your other hobbies?

well mini bikes are my number one hobby hands down. I love the sound of the engine and the experience of the build. Add adrenaline speed and good weather and that makes for a great day.:scooter::thumbsup: But some days we can't ride because of the weather or waiting for parts or what ever reason. On those days I like to play my electric guitar, may do some gaming on the ps4. I also tend to my 80 gallon African cichlid tank daily. So what are some of your other hobbies?

CarPlayLB

Yikes! I have too many!
besides being on minibike number 12, after promising the wife I'd stop after 6...here is the short list!

Laser machine: I make vintage kart gaskets, and basically whatever gasket I can make a buck on! Besides that, I have a couple clients that I do some work for. Notably a young man that custom makes chef knives. I etch his logo for him. go here to see Custom Professional Chef Knives

'69 Camaro: I have a 1969 fake Z-28 that me and the family take to car shows. It is way pimped out...everything is painted, polished, or chromed. We have done well with the trophies!

Beer drinking: If it's cold, I am in!

CarPlayLB

I would like to take credit for the logo, but I just put it on the knife...I use their artwork!
Here is the old hoopty hot rod. Car show season is starting so I will get some better pics

catfishman

i used to go catfishing all the time, now i am more into crappie fishing. going this coming weekend, for a few days, hoping to catch some slabs, very close to spawning. i caught a 14 inch and 13 inch the past few weekends, and a bunch of dinks. lately i have been doing alot of yard clean up, the previous owner had iris"s 5 or 6 feet wide on the sides, and 10 foot along the back, going down the hole yard, along with poison ivy, or sumac. i am just trying to get rid of all of it, so i can grow some grass, and put up a chain link fence. the vines were insane that i have pulled up and dug up.

capguncowboy

Woodworking, cabinetry, collecting vintage video games, writing music and fixing up our house.

I used to do a lot outdoors, but i have bad ankles and had to dial it back over the past few years. I sprain my ankles almost aa often as Lebron James playsbasketball.

My wife and I remodel a different room in our house every couple of months. Allegedly, it will all payoff off one day if we ever sell the place, but iI don't see that happening as long as we need somewhere to live :laugh:

I've been playing guitar for about 20 years. I used to collect guitars but that's an expensive hobby to get into. I can keep up with the best of them, but don't play nearly as often as i used to.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I used to have a 135 gallon cichlid tank. I bred them for a few years and supplied a lot of the local shops. Once i got married and had kids, it was too much to keep up with. Ended up selling my entire setup for a song. I want to eventually get back into it

I would like to take credit for the logo, but I just put it on the knife...I use their artwork!
Here is the old hoopty hot rod. Car show season is starting so I will get some better pics
Cool car Eric, I still have my first car. 69 camaro rs/ss 350 hugger orange 350 trans, white padded roof, houndstooth int. All original, Has not ran since 1990, another project i need to get to.

Very cool Camaro. My sister used to have a real nice 69' Camaro a long time ago and I had a real nice 68' Camaro that I used to show also when I was younger. I just sold a nice 65' Chevelle about 2 years ago that I had. Still want another Camaro though. Here's a pic of the Chevelle that I sold (don't have any pictures on my computer of the Camaro that I had)

CIMG1915.JPG

Oh ya....My other hobbies are collecting old BB/pellet guns and old mechanical banks.

Other hobbies are boat design full size and rc, I design, build and test just for the fun factor and to keep the brain busy apparently it helps keep Alzheimer's at bay, if I remember correctly lol. Also design and build aircraft, rc only can't afford the real ones. Took up a little wood carving on a somewhat grand scale and carved a Totem pole. Always wanted to build a mini so that is the project for this spring, have been busy pillaging scrounging and buying all the necessary parts and just about ready to start the build. I have chatted with a few folks on here and have received a warm welcome and look forward to this new hobby.

I design microcontroller applications. Right now I'm working on a hog trap for my father in law. Text it, and it closes the trap. He's got a game camera that texts him a pic to when something is in it. I'm working on camera integration now. Hog trap test: https://youtu.be/r7PZu3C4U64

I also have a '71 240Z I'm tinkering on.

Wow you guys all have amazing hobbies going. Cars and Marco controller. That text trap is a great idea. Oldebrke welcome to the hobby.

I've been into cars and mini bikes as long as I can remember. I have a 33 Ford coupe, 53 Chevy Station wagon and 4 Meyers Manx Dune buggies along with a couple vintage English Motorcycles. I have been flying and building RC airplanes since 1970. If it has an engine and costs money, it's for me.

My Manx.jpg 33_rear_2.jpg