Mini Mate "silencer" mini bike!

markus

Allied leisure posted these photos up on the FB page stating it was a limited production run in 1970-71 Looks like they utilized the steel pressed spoke wheels and steel gastank that Bird was using at the time for the Zapper. Feature twin Deco 5hp's, Very cool bike!!!!!

copyman

Neat bike but not sure how having 2 engines set up that way would make bike any faster? Seems the 2 engines are just a novelty for looks?
Now if one engine drove front wheel and other to rear wheel I could see that making bike faster. Maybe the experts can explain if 2 engines in line using centrifugal clutches makes bike any faster?

pomfish

Neat bike but not sure how having 2 engines set up that way would make bike any faster? Seems the 2 engines are just a novelty for looks?
Now if one engine drove front wheel and other to rear wheel I could see that making bike faster. Maybe the experts can explain if 2 engines in line using centrifugal clutches makes bike any faster?
Define "Faster"
Torque Rules.

Yes, the bike will be faster from a dead stop to max rpm, I.E. Drag Race, but at max RPM speed will be same top speed as single engine if equal governors are in use.
That is provided single engine can pull max rpm in allotted distance raced/run.
There is a reason the winning tractors at tractor pulls use multiple engines, same applies here.
More is not always better if everything is not synced, but once it is, There is no Replacement for Displacement" as the old saying goes. :)

Thanks,
Keith

pomfish

I believe I have that same front wheel in the second floor of my barn (not with cool Goodyear) but is is not all chromy/shiny like this one.
Did they make dull versions as well?

PatrickCraik

Sure, One engine complements the other.

markus

I believe I have that same front wheel in the second floor of my barn (not with cool Goodyear) but is is not all chromy/shiny like this one.
Did they make dull versions as well?
They were cheap flash chrome like an azuza fender. Pretty tough wheels though! These were pretty rough and I just glass beaded them lightly to clean them up as much as I could on the '73 JCP digger turd That I polished few years back:

IMG_1271.JPG