MM-B212 Electrical System

Fisher1983

I have a Monster Moto MM-B212 with the headlight. It looks like 2 wires coming out of the engine, to a bridge rectifier box, then to the switch and light. My question is, using the factory lighting coil, how do I install a battery into this system? I eventually want to add a brake light, signals, horn and make it street legal. Will the stock lighting coil be adequate? Is there a difference between a lighting coil and a charging coil? New to this part of it, any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about what your bike has. What you need is a rectifier/regulator. The rectifier turns the AC to pulsating DC. The regulator limits the top end that the voltage can climb too.

Fisher1983

I don't know about what your bike has. What you need is a rectifier/regulator. The rectifier turns the AC to pulsating DC. The regulator limits the top end that the voltage can climb too.
Rectifier/Regulator came up a lot. I figured I'd need that so the battery won't overcharge. I believe this box on my bike is simply a rectifier.