Monster moto 212 torque converter exploded

Just got the bike yesterday and today after 30mins of riding the clutch exploded out the side of the shroud lucky I came away without injury but beside the anger I had I also have worry that it messed other components up. Called customer service and they want to send me parts I feel that's not enough any advice for the next time I call them tuesday?

Hmmmm. Let me get this straight. This is a new bike, still under warranty?
If so, I'd remind them that you didn't get injured from the failure of their product, and how they are completely responsible for the lack of quality control. Then tell them exactly what you expect them to do to correct it. Namely, have a local, certified repair shop come get the bike, and do the necessary repairs, as well as check everything for collateral damage.
Additionally, you could back down a touch and relent to delivering the bike to a repair shop of their choosing.

Force the issue of having them accept the responsibility, as well as all the handling of the matter, 'cause sure as I breath, if they send you the parts, and you do the work, they'll consider the warranty void, due to you doing the work as a non-certified repairman.

Roger

Last edited:
Anytime you buy a bike look over and check tightness of everything coz they really just smack things together these days..hope repair goes smooth

Right it is under warranty and I'll see what I can do Tuesday. I checked most of the important stuff when I got it but I never expected that the driver assembly would blow apart.

It's a brand new $900 bike. Tell them to replace, not repair, the bike. Insist that they ship a new bike immediately and have the damaged one picked up when the replacement is delivered. That way they can examine the damaged bike to possibly determine what caused the failure. If you purchased the bike from, or through, Amazon, contact Amazon as they are good about helping dissatisfied customers. If Monster Moto doesn't cooperate, file a complaint with BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/en/us

I will definately do what I can to get a new bike and send back the old one I'm pretty upset about the whole thing definately ruined a nice weekend

It's a brand new $900 bike. Tell them to replace, not repair, the bike. Insist that they ship a new bike immediately and have the damaged one picked up when the replacement is delivered. That way they can examine the damaged bike to possibly determine what caused the failure. If you purchased the bike from, or through, Amazon, contact Amazon as they are good about helping dissatisfied customers. If Monster Moto doesn't cooperate, file a complaint with BBB.

20180831_131355.jpg

Ouch! Yeah iv had that happen a couple times. Thats why I never run without a cover. The weights come out and its like a grenade. Dont be too hard on the company. If they get too many complainers theyll stop making them all together and then youll complain that theres no new bikes available.

First reviewer had the same thing happen.

Second review is for a different model; can't understand why Amazon lumps them together.

Third reviewer had loose bolt in driver, among other problems, so I don't understand the 5 star rating.

MMAR1.png

If you have a really bad rattle from a standing stop or at mid throttle check your gas tank bolts. Thought my CVT driver was disintegrating!

Haven't heard back from the supervisor but from what I was told they will send me a new box to send the old one back in then they will send me a new bike. This is after I wait 3-7 business days for the new box and then however long it takes for them to get the old one back then ship me a new one. So 2 weeks or more until I get the new one, I for one believe that's bullshit to have to wait that long for a new one when I already waited a week for the bike in the first place that should have been assembled correctly. I have no problem sending the old one in, but the amount of time I have to wait is garbage. Its about to be winter here meaning I will have to put it up by the time I get the new one. All I can hope is the supervisor has more pull and can get this done in a faster turn around.

Last edited:
I'd insist on a new one immediately.
Work your way up the food chain until you find someone who cares.
It took sometime and a couple phone calls but they are sending out a new one and I will just rebox the old one in the new one coming and ship it back and this time I will go through the whole bike and make sure things are tight to avoid this problem the next time. Thankyou all for your help.

It took sometime and a couple phone calls but they are sending out a new one and I will just rebox the old one in the new one coming and ship it back and this time I will go through the whole bike and make sure things are tight to avoid this problem the next time. Thankyou all for your help.
:punk: