Montgomery Ward 323

Greetings and salutations! I am trying to find an original seat for a Montgomery Ward model 323 to use as a pattern for a reproduction. The next best thing would be photos showing original seats. I’ve scoured the Internet and have found very few photos of this model. How many of you actually have one of these? Thanks for any and all help in advance. E2E4DF48-E3D3-437F-B396-A65FAB7507AE.jpeg 37F3FB0A-207E-4950-8179-EA577F6D837E.jpeg

Last edited:

Lizardking

Thanks Lizard King - good to be here. This will likely come down to extrapolation but does it blow your mind that Google doesn't have several images to choose from?
Could be due to not being a popular model. A lot of the time the make/model decal on the fork plate is gone so pictures get uploaded without that description. Just guessing.....

Thanks Lizard King - good to be here. This will likely come down to extrapolation but does it blow your mind that Google doesn't have several images to choose from?
All most every photo on Google is from this site over the years. Not recently, but over the years if you posted a photo on this site, the pictures showed up on Google in a week or so. Since many changes to the forum, I don't see that happening anymore.

f4radar

I bet it just overlaps the frame proud side to side following . Front to back it looks like the bend to the front to just behind where that frame tube meets the seat pan. If that's 1 1/2 tube I'd say 3 -3 1/2 inch foam. I'd cut a shape (a little big to start) out of 3/8 plywood and go from there.
(I did a stint as a Targeteer in the Air Force we gleaned lots of info from photos.)

Last edited:

pomfish

Look Here grasshopper;

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/gilson.51891/

Do like these guys did and put a nice pair of shocks on the back. Personally I would get longer shocks to bring the azz up some.
Probably the least expensive minibike built with a rear swingarm which is huge for rideability. Plus you still have the ability to mount a rear gas tank.
These Gilson made bikes were built well.

Found another good info post by using Aliis Chalmers and their least expensive bike is essentially the 424 but shares the same small seat as 323 and the specs table list the seat size as 12" Flat Foam-Filled so there ya go a far as length, width is gonna be as mentioned just wider than frame.
Gilson used 1" frame tube.
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/allis-chalmers-mini-bike.50797/

Later,

Keith

Last edited: