Montgomery Ward Mini Trike

Picked this up just last weekend.
It has a Kohler K2951T motor and pops and runs with a prime.
Continues to run with a little squirt of mix, but won't go on its own.
I have only taken off the fuel lines and the "bowl" of the carb and the idle inlet.
The bottom line had the ethanol globs and so did the bowl, even though the owner knew to mix fuel for it.
Went to the place in town that has straight gas and got some and mixed to the motor label.
Replaced filter, etc....
Still only starts and runs with the squirt bottle....
Where should I start looking to get enough mix for it to idle, let alone run?
It has a tillitson carb, but can't see any numbers on it...
Have messed with a lot of chainsaw carbs that I got working, but this one is a lot more complex.
Even the one on the Poulan 6000 I have is way more simple.....
Here are some pics....If I could get it running good, I would have my friend powder coat it original color and totally restore it.
I never got to have anything with a motor until I went to college, so this would be cool to get running.

If I need to add more info on the carb, I can take it off, I guess....

Thanks in advance.

JBM

Attachments

That carb has a diaphragm in the stack. If you pull it off you should see numbers stamped into the body like "HL-334." I'd get a kit for the carb and clean it well. If the crank seals are not leaking you should be in business...

Thanks.
Took the carb off and it is an HR78A.
Not really finding that specific model when looking for rebuild kits, but seems all the HR parts numbers are the same?

The only thing that I can't figure out is the inlet mechanism.
It has the little rocker arm with the spring in the center.
Does the other end of that arm control a valve?
I haven't taken it out yet, but looking at the parts diagram, it is an inlet needle valve.
Is that under tension from a spring from the other direction?
It doesn't seem to move like it should.

Finally found a use for my mac angle wrenches. Getting one of the nuts off the mounting stud would be impossible without them!
Whoever put it on last had used a punch to set it, so had to use a punch to get it off.

Thanks

JBM