Montgomery Wards project

I have had this bike for 33 years, time to freshen it up

After sand blasting and the first coat of kl primer

now for the Granny Smith green

I bought a brand new sprocket and I wanted something a little different so first i powder coated it gray

Then I whipped out some trucker girls on the old vinyl cutter and applied

Finally granny smith green and clear

It's all powder coat and vinyl. Once the decals were on I shot the green, put it in the oven and as soon as the powder flowed out I took it out of the oven and pulled the decals. Put it back in for final cure then cleared it

The forks were bent (probably from me running into stuff on it all those years ago) so we straightened them on a press. The forks would not come apart and the springs were rusted , so we cut the springs and cups off and welded the forks solid. Here they are finished and cleared!!

i like the color:thumbsup: ive been thinking in my head for awhile now on how to make some brackets for my seat on my duck. i may be stealing some of your ideas:thumbsup:

The seat bracket is just a piece of thick wall tubing welded on top of the rear bracket and a piece of 1/4 plate welded between the front and rear. I'm a big guy so I figured I needed the support. I had to place the tubing because the shocks I am using were shorter than the originals. The shocks came off of a kasea 90 four wheeler.

Last edited: