Motorized Bicycles links

Motorized bikes are fun fun fun. However, the HT (China girl) kits really do need a good once over if you're going to plan on it being reliable.

Had my 48cc on a huffy beach cruiser. Did 42mph & had good enough power to do hills. Right now I'm waiting on a new jug, piston, & SKF bearings.

Hint hint, do not ever rely on the stock bearings. They suck.

Do those really qualify for a street legal moped? They look like they develop more power than could be squeezed out of a tiny little engine.

Do those really qualify for a street legal moped? They look like they develop more power than could be squeezed out of a tiny little engine.
Most states do have a max limit on horsepower and top speed. Also they usually have a "no manual clutch" law too.

I built a really nice gas bike. I purchased a brand new Felt cruiser, spent $400 dollars on custom mounts, a hub and other very nice pieces. Only to bolt to it what I consider the absolute cheapest motor I have ever seen to it. It ran pretty well, it looked great, but I was just never happy with it.

My Whizzer is not street legal at the moment, I just have not registered it. I usually only take it out on rural back roads for rides. But with its 138cc engine,it does not fall into the "moped" class.

Most states do have a max limit on horsepower and top speed. Also they usually have a "no manual clutch" law too.

I built a really nice gas bike. I purchased a brand new Felt cruiser, spent $400 dollars on custom mounts, a hub and other very nice pieces. Only to bolt to it what I consider the absolute cheapest motor I have ever seen to it. It ran pretty well, it looked great, but I was just never happy with it.

My Whizzer is not street legal at the moment, I just have not registered it. I usually only take it out on rural back roads for rides. But with its 138cc engine,it does not fall into the "moped" class.

You really need to get inside of the china girl motors to undick them. Some of them are pretty bad from the factory.

Mine was a 48cc that I got to SCREAM. I thought 42mph GPS'd on a Huffy cruiser was pretty good. Bearings are a big issue with these engines, along with the head & jug mating surfaces. Their machining SUCKS, and they tend to eat head gaskets quick.