Mounting a fuel pump question.

buckeye

I have to add a fuel pump to my build and do not want to drill holes in the frame.
What options are there for mounting a Walbro pump?
Can they be mounted vertical vs horizontal?
Or does that matter?
Thanks in advance.

If it is for your Briggs..just self tap some screws into the shroud. That is where most of us run them unless you get a snazzy bracket.

CarPlayLB

Angle does not matter. Should be close to the pulse. I have made a bracket that runs from the tank mount hole at the bottom of the block, near the drain plug, to mount them.

I would mount it to the blower housing to, top or one of the sides...according to where the tank is mounted. But yes close to the pulse.

CarPlayLB

All you Tec ,lovers, eager to drill holes in a vintage Briggs blower housing would never consider that with a Tec engine (which never needs a fuel pump, as they don't make that kinda power to warrant extra fuel) ...or would ya mount on a West Bend blower housing? I think not!

Simple flat piece of metal from the old tank mount hole, under the carb, outta the way, will be fine!

Just thinking of simplicity for Tom..:grind::hammer:..and yes I would drill in to a Briggs blower housing its only a couple of tiny holes ! :laugh:

All you Tec ,lovers, eager to drill holes in a vintage Briggs blower housing would never consider that with a Tec engine (which never needs a fuel pump, as they don't make that kinda power to warrant extra fuel) ...or would ya mount on a West Bend blower housing? I think not!

Simple flat piece of metal from the old tank mount hole, under the carb, outta the way, will be fine!
Considering the motor is no longer stock and is already modified...yes...I would still drill a vintage cover then. Because if you modify it....then you really don't care about a "vintage" look. And obviously you never heard of the Tec Star motors.

buckeye

After much consideration of the previous responses, Eric vs made the most sense. :thumbsup:
Certainly didn't want to drill holes in that fine shroud.:laugh:
I had this old piece of broken clutch cover and thought I can do this.:crying:
So as best I cold this is what I came up with.
Thanks guys.

That will work.

My Club Car Carryall has the fuel pump mounted about 10 inches above the 7 gallon fuel tank and about 24 inches from the pulse port and the carb.... Works fine.

Doug