mrz50r cafe racer

well i have been working on this for awhile and havnt posted any thing on it yet, just figured i would post some pics of where i have gotten too...it started as a very abused 89' z50r, my bro had bought a mr50 from a motorcycle scrap yard that was pretty much complete but the motor was completely gone.

so i started by completely tearing down the z50r and paining everything, sandblasting and high heat clear coating engine,

next i put the front forks and wheels off of the mr50 on the z50.

then the swingarm and back wheel.

and this is as far as i have gotten, i cut the middle bar off handelbars so the would fit upside down, and made the seat, oh and some where in there the top end lost compression so i had to tear down and am going to buy the parts to fix it:thumbsup: hope yall like it so far, oh and it also has a suicide shift:laugh:

got some more done today, almost finished the seat, and fit the tank on, and made a piece to go in between the tank and seat, oh and bent the suicide shift to fit better:laugh: comments and criticizem are welcome btw:thumbsup:

markus

That's coming out pretty neat! whats the wheel size off the MR? The pics are deciving, it looks BIG but they are pretty small bikes aren't they.

@ markus,thank you! and actually the mr50 wheels are only about an inch bigger than the original z50 ones, and yes it is super small, i am 6 foot and can just barely fit on it...had to change to suicide shift because it fits better:laugh:...just finished making the seat brackets to hold the seat on, will post more pics tonight :thumbsup:

@incogrhino, thank's

i believe i will paint it red with a black and white checker stripe down the middle:thumbsup:

got some more done, mounted the tank and seat, and moved the swing arm where it is actually suppose to be, just gotta buy paint, cover the seat and get my new piston and rings:thumbsup:

got it primerd today, she's gettin there, i am thinking about probly getting a lifan 125cc engine, 4 speed with manual clutch, has any one had any experience with those? also it is only 100 dollars more than the top end kit:thumbsup:

cxbra

That thing is going to be so fun with a lifan 125! Ive owned 3 minibikes but yet to have a 4 speed, Lifan equipped ride. Thats definitely my next project, nothing like running through the gears on a mini!!:scooter:

cxbra

That looks great, I reallly like this build. It definitely needs a flat handlebar though :thumbsup:. I would love to ride that thing with the suicide shift set up! Are you going to end up making a foot clutch for it?

I think this thread would get much more love if it were in the Project Logs section.:wink::scooter: