MTD Trail Flight SS400

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad first, no TAV cover or TAV parts. Has a max torque clutch to a gear on jackshaft. Tank will leak, patched poorly but a grommet and outlet may fix it. I have never attempted to start the engine but it was said to run, I believe it to be an HS40. One bolt that protrudes through the top triple tree that holds the lower on is broken but you can replace it even if your welding is not so good. However the lowers twist on so it will likely never come loose, I will repair it if I keep it and you should too.

The good: Nice frame, straight forks and handlebars. Chrome on both very straight fenders is really nice but needs come spots cleaned as does the tailpipe. Has the original slanted intake but not the carb, has the slanted plate Taylor muffler that connects to the chrome tailpipe. Center stand works great as does the brake. Tires are OK and hold air, wheels are in excellent shape. Rolls as if it was riding not long ago. Seat is nearly perfect and the Cebac shocks are in nice shape.

Asking $350 OBO local pick up only for now but we can talk shipping by PM

Last edited:
Bump...........Someone save this from being in my estate sale, because I will keep it before I part it out or sell it too cheap. So $250 is the bottom dollar picked up in OKC only or arrange a shipper and I'll get a new Seadoo crate to modify and build a crate fit for traveling long distance even in an open trailer for only $20 bucks more to give a my 11yo daughter some $ for helping me and because she loves helping me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.