Multi-Process Welder

Mr. Pink

It’s been my experience that any tool that is “multi-purpose” tends to do a mediocre job of everything as compared to a single function tool.
Does my thinking also apply to a multi-process MIG / TIG welder?
This is would be strictly for home / hobby use.
I do not ever anticipate needing to do any stick welding.
I want to be able to weld steel up to 1/4”, and occasionally aluminum and thin stainless.
I currently do not have 220v in the garage, but I can easily add a dedicated circuit.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

markus

we have a miller multi-matic 220, we got earlier this year. its pretty bad ass for all around work, but it is pricey, but does everything and has I think the most features in a multi as its ac/dc so it can tig AL and its really user friendly. I ran it on 110 15a circuit a few times while we were waiting for the electrician to run a dedicated 220 line across the warehouse the the back bay. it didn't have problems with that mig welding, tig on short beads was fine surprisingly too, but did pop the breaker on a longer dragged out run. Its supposedly OK on 20a 110. We bought a spoolgun as well for it which I have used some stainless and aluminum wire through and had good luck with it on a couple of small things.

I really like it, but I also went from a noisy 20 year old Century made low end gas mig to it, so just about anything would have made me happy :D

1670449563028.png

I’ve had very good results and luck with my harbour freight triton…..awesome little welder….under $500….oops sorry it’s not multi purpose…..strictly mig…

I've got an extra welder for sale if interested its a stick/mig/ tig/plasma cutter i love this prime welder. does everything you need it to. its brand new in the box pretty sure the warranty transfers with sale they have a great warranty policy. And does just about everything you could need for home fabrication can send more pics if interested asking 450 for it dm me if interested

Attachments

I have a Lincoln LE31MP. Have only used it a handful of times for both tig and mig. It’s 120V and works really good. We have a miller at work don’t know model off top of my head but comparing tig to millers I have used at places I’ve worked it works really good. Mig is also really good on it. Have not purchased the stick set up yet.

I've got an extra welder for sale if interested its a stick/mig/ tig/plasma cutter i love this prime welder. does everything you need it to. its brand new in the box pretty sure the warranty transfers with sale they have a great warranty policy. And does just about everything you could need for home fabrication can send more pics if interested asking 450 for it dm me if interested
What model is it got pics of it out if the box it sounds like the one I had be for it got stolen out the garage. And they work great loved it. Saving up for there new 5in1 I think it is 995$ but it does everything ac/DC Tig, mig ,stick ,plasma cutter and they have a great warrenty that if I'm not mistaken is transferable