Murray times Two

Hello everyone, I've had these for a while now and i think its time to upgrade them. To start off I just purchase a HF 212 to put in the first one. I'm thinking of keeping it somewhat stock looking. I'm going to do one at time and try to learn as much as I can. :scooter: IMG_3453.JPG

Ding Ding

Those things are cool. I've never seen them before. I have no idea if they are rare or desirable, but if they are I would maybe hold off on the modifications...

Any idea what year they are? Very clean

Thanks guys, They're a little too clean for me. Not sure on the year of these, what I do know is I'm the 3rd owner. I guess the first 2 never touched them.

Moedog07 : That's not a bad idea. I've been all over this awesome forum looking for Track 2's threads. I'll make sure to take more pictures of these. I like looks of your back Murray's tires, something I want to do to mine.

IMG_3452.JPG

I have two of them but mine are rough and rougher, but out of my small fleet of mini bikes they are actually the ones I enjoy riding the most.

I found some time to work on the bike last night. Started the tear down and realized that this bike is in really good condition. I was going to sandblast and repaint, but now it seems silly. The paint on this bike is like it is straight out of the box. I guess I need to ride them and ruff them up a bit. :gun_bandana:

Attachments

You could bring me your Murray's and I'll trade you mine. :laugh:

My 16 year old wanted to ride one of the Murrys I have and got to the top of the driveway, gunned it and landed on his back. Tearing up the seat muffler, rear fender, foot peg, his hands, just to name a few areas.
With the stock rear sprocket these are wheely prone, with a hopped up engine they are wheely monsters.

Last edited:
You could bring me your Murray's and I'll trade you mine. :laugh:
My 16 year old wanted to ride one of them and got to the top of the driveway, gunned it and landed on his back. Tearing up the seat muffler, rear fender, foot peg, his hands, just to name a few areas.
With the stock rear sprocket these are wheely prone, with a hopped up engine they are wheely monsters.
Let me think about it, :lol: I was wondering about the rear sprocket, not sure what to do. I do like wheelies. Seems like a lot of people on here went to the 60 tooth sprocket. Are you running the stock?

I pulled the stock engine out and removed the clutch. Not sure what I'm going to use on the 212 yet. I placed the 212 into the frame, man do I like the looks of that. I now need to order up some parts from OldMiniBikes. Actually, I need to make a parts list first. :hammer:
IMG_4460.jpg IMG_4461.jpg IMG_4462.jpg IMG_4463.jpg IMG_4465.jpg

Fits like a glove, your going to love it!! You might want to think about putting a smaller sprocket on the rear or it will put you on your ass!!!

With a 5.5 Intec mine would slap you in the teeth and toss you off, I liked it better with the 3.5 on it but mine was run to death and had no compression. I'd go with a smaller sprocket, it will wheelie still and be manageable.

I run the stock 1100 tooth sprocket. :laugh: I ride on and off road so i enjoy the torque from the big stock sprocket.

One thing that you are gonna run into is the exhaust running around the shock/spring I made my header but there may be one from OldMiniBikes that will clear.

I order up some parts today from our friends over at OldMiniBikes :scooter:

I went with the Predator Air Filter Kit : ARCAIRKITP
The Jet kit for the 212 : ARCJETKIT
A new rear Sprocket : R8249 Steel Sprocket 60 tooth/ #41 Chain
I also grabbed some fuel line and some OldMiniBikes stickers.

I really don't like to looks of the 212 gas tank so I took that off with the stock air filter. I love the looks of the 212 with out them. That HUGE stock sprocket cracks me up.

IMG_4467.JPG IMG_4470.JPG

as it sits waiting for parts and me to figure out gas tank and header
IMG_4476.JPG

Last edited: