Murray Track 2 exhaust finally

Been working on putting a Predator 212 on my Murray Track 2. Those who have done this know that the exhaust is a pain. I bought the do it yourself kit and another pipe from OldMiniBikes and neither was going to work. I don't have a welder and don't know any welders.

CarPlayLB pointed me to RobertsonsTorqueTubes.com and it paid off! Rex built me an exhaust pipe based on my specs and shipped it along with a small clamp on muffler (although he would have threaded the pipe and included a larger screw on muffler but I opted for the clamp on so i can cut the pipe to length). We did some emails back and forth swapping photos and measurements and i got it for a fair price. Thought I'd share for those Murray owners who can"t make their own. Hopefully I don't break some forum rule mentioning this business by name!

Lastly, it seems so cool calling the simple exhaust pipe a "torque tube" :scooter:

I hope so. I sent him "after" photos. I did have to elongate the holes slightly. I wonder if the newer Predator has a wider bolt pattern than the original or older style? Mine is new; based on the photos he sent me, looks like Rex has an older engine. Not a big deal.

Hmmmm. That's good to know but I'm curious why some have and yours didn't.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I just threw on the 3 stage center mount header from NR Racing over the weekend. Flange matches the port on the 212, nicely welded, very smoothly bent and stepped out. Also nice and cheap at I believe $38 shipped. It sweeps very nicely over to the right side of the shock. I bent it slightly further to the right to get a little more clearance to the shock is all. I'll snap some pictures when I get things all back together this week.

Hi all....I'm currently running into the same issue everyone else has had with finding an exhaust pipe for my Murray...does the 3 stage center mount header from NR Racing work..? Looks like from the photos that it would hit the Seat shock. I have an exhaust pipe I bought that lands directly on the seat shock...I tried bending it to no avail. Any help appreciated.

I74

Just looked @ NR racings 212 under seat 3/4 threaded header pipe, for 25.99.
That seems like a really good deal !!
The 3 stage clamp on is pretty cool also.
Wonder if that would clear the top frame on my MM80?

For you guys with these headers, if you could post the measurements for me, I would really appreciate it !!
Biggest obvious concern, is the distance from the flange center to the top of the bend.

Thanks

Ian

Last edited:
Hi all....I'm currently running into the same issue everyone else has had with finding an exhaust pipe for my Murray...does the 3 stage center mount header from NR Racing work..? Looks like from the photos that it would hit the Seat shock. I have an exhaust pipe I bought that lands directly on the seat shock...I tried bending it to no avail. Any help appreciated.
The stage 3 just clears the shock. It does require a little adjustment :hammer: to get it just right, but nothing crazy. I just used a piece of pipe to gain some leverage. I still need to grab pictures. I'll try to grab measurements also.

The 8" OldMiniBikes under seat header works well , it simply needs to have the bend opened up slightly and will pass right by the shock !

I don't have Preditor engine but a harbor freight 6.5hp blue clone engine on my Murray. I built mine with prebent 7/8" tubing and made my flange to go on the engine. I run a straight pipe with turn out. I had to increase my main jet to get it to run good. but sounds great now. one of my favorite cruisers.

I74

I don't have Preditor engine but a harbor freight 6.5hp blue clone engine on my Murray. I built mine with prebent 7/8" tubing and made my flange to go on the engine. I run a straight pipe with turn out. I had to increase my main jet to get it to run good. but sounds great now. one of my favorite cruisers.
That looks great !!