Must think your farts don't reek

mybiz

What a joke $295 And reserve not met. And why anyone uses RESERVE.? If you think its worth $1.95 set your starting bid @ $1.95 !!! Its time to come up with a new name for the greedy people, Who in no shape or form are not true mini bike collectors, Just in it to rape anyone who spreads there wallet wide open, :doah:Thanks for ruining what was a fun hobby and youngsters dreams. :cursing::censure::thumbdown::asshole::asshole::asshole::asshole:

Vintage Tecumseh HS-40 Mini Bike / Go Kart Engine | eBay

What a joke $295 And reserve not met. And why anyone uses RESERVE.? If you think its worth $1.95 set your starting bid @ $1.95 !!! Its time to come up with a new name for the greedy people, Who in no shape or form are not true mini bike collectors, Just in it to rape anyone who spreads there wallet wide open, :doah:Thanks for ruining what was a fun hobby and youngsters dreams. :cursing::censure::thumbdown::asshole::asshole::asshole::asshole:

Guess you never restored an engine i bet it cost him that for just the resto not including the engine.

Rupp 72

do you know how hard and expensive it is to get a oil and gas resistant paint to use on an engine? that is a nice engine and well worth 300+

I used to be "friends" with him until I figured out his true motive. Now his EBay listings entertain me and I take complete pleasure in seeing his items not sell. I say :thefinger:

thats not even an old engine. look at the tank . snowblower choke leaver. buffed steel muffler is gonna rust up in 5 minutes. he didnt even cover the hole for the electric starter

Rattle can paint on engines as well. Even if the seller claims he uses paint and clear coat that is "impervious to most all chemicals"....we all know what that means. One drop of gas anywhere on there and.....OOOPPPSSSS. :eek:ut: All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a very good friend of mine that is selling this motor . I know for a fact that that motor in question has been gone though and checked out for spec and has new rings and then is put on a bike and test rode . hell i even rode it and the damn thing out ran my powell with and HS50 on it . I do not know what the reserve and don't care its not any of my bisness . If someone wants it then buy it if not don't .

Rattle can paint on engines as well. Even if the seller claims he uses paint and clear coat that is "impervious to most all chemicals"....we all know what that means. One drop of gas anywhere on there and.....OOOPPPSSSS. :eek:ut: All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
trailhopper: "On drop of gas anywhere on there and....OOOPPPSSSS"
That is absolutely not true IF (and that is a BIG "IF") you perform a proper and complete prep and use a high quality engine enamel that is both oil and gas resistant, AND let them completely cure, which takes at least a week. My son has painted many engines (all "rattle can" by the way), with excellent results. Before painting his first engine we tested Rustoleum, VHT, and Duplicolor engine enamels on some sample metals. All performed quite well, however VHT was the best. We let drops of gas set on the gas for a few minutes and it did not dissolve or discolor the paint. We also tried wiping with a gas-dampened rag and it was (suprisingly) resistant. After about 30 seconds of wiping, however, it will start to discolor the paint and eventually start to remove it. Remember, it is gas and oil "resistant" , not "proof".
Michael

Guess you never restored an engine i bet it cost him that for just the resto not including the engine.
jesse8931 is right on!:thumbsup: Assuming (for sake of this discussion) that he has actually done everything he claims he has to that engine, it is worth well ABOVE the "reserve not met" amount of $ 295.00, to someone performing a complete minibike restoration where they need the same style engine to match what the bike originally came equipped with. I have watched my son restore numerous Briggs and Tecumsehs (very similar in materials,methods, and technique used by the engine builder being discussed in this thread). If done properly, I've got to tell you, it is very detailed and meticulous work and takes MANY hours to complete. In addition, if you are using all OEM parts (which my son always does), the costs really get up there quickly.
My son has ALWAYS found a buyer for his engines, which have included members on this forum, one of which (who shall remain nameless to preserve his privacy) who has purchased THREE of his engines!
Michael

You know.I wonder how many of the people who bitch about asking prices,have "overpriced" things they have put a bunch of money in.

Nobody is forcing anybody to bid.If you dont like the asking price....Move on.

These comments dont do anybody any good and just stir up a big pile of crap!!

Your not going to buy it so why bitch about it ..... I mean WTF :eek:ut:
??
You bitches need to get a life other than crying he wants too much money for his stuff and I am too cheap to pay for it .

Starting a post like this make the authors and their followers look like retards I think :thumbsup:

Either buy it or s t f u a i

I say what I want to who I want ..... because I CAN back it up

Last edited: