MW 525VT on eBay

^Regardless, those aren't original dampers. Just saying, there's little value in that machine. Of the stuff I look for on parts bikes (straight front & rear fenders, guards, brake components and OE engines), this has none.

I still think about that barn find from a month ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's missing a lot. Unless you're doing one-offs like I am, not much to it. Even appears the Gilson-unique oblong swing arm bushings are gone--and that's a big problem.

capguncowboy

^Regardless, those aren't original dampers. Just saying, there's little value in that machine. Of the stuff I look for on parts bikes (straight front & rear fenders, guards, brake components and OE engines), this has none.

I still think about that barn find from a month ago.
I know where a real VT525 with the original fenders is, and it's for sale

I'm not that much of a purest, I see this minibike as a great rider. What I see is front and rear suspension, 5 hp and a torque converter. I'd like to own it but he is 8 hours away from me. Shipping would be more than the bike will cost :)

Danford1

^No TC, you're looking at a belt CC and a cheap fixed-sheave pulley. I like belts so I'll not comment further other than to say this is worthless as a collector bike.

capguncowboy

I've never seen them go for that much. The ones I've sold were in pretty good shape and I had a hard time squeezing $50 out of them. I suppose if the rubber was in perfect condition, it would bring more, but i somehow doubt that one is

Ding Ding

I've never seen them go for that much. The ones I've sold were in pretty good shape and I had a hard time squeezing $50 out of them. I suppose if the rubber was in perfect condition, it would bring more, but i somehow doubt that one is
Well, you may not have seen them but that doesn't mean they didn't sell. I shop for Speaker headlights on a regular basis.
The last 3 that I am aware of sold on Ebay:
$82.82 + $8 shipping = $90.82
$76.00 + $9 shipping = $85.00
$78.25 + $13.60 shipping = $91.85

I would say those numbers are around $100.

If you find one for $50 please let me know! :smile:

capguncowboy

Well, you may not have seen them but that doesn't mean they didn't sell. I shop for Speaker headlights on a regular basis.
The last 3 that I am aware of sold on Ebay:
$82.82 + $8 shipping = $90.82
$76.00 + $9 shipping = $85.00
$78.25 + $13.60 shipping = $91.85

I would say those numbers are around $100.

If you find one for $50 please let me know! :smile:
The next one that i get will be coming your way :thumbsup: