my dog has bone cancer

oldfatguy

My wife and I adopted this dog 7 years ago on Christmas eve. My son found her as a stray and took her home but couldn't care for her so he talked us into taking her . He named her honey bear but I got to calling her dummy bear because of some of the stupid things she did . She turned out to be a great dog and she will be missed. The cancer is in her shoulder so she has lost the use of one front leg we are hoping that it progresses slowly. As long as she isn't in pain and can still walk around we are going to keep her around but we know that the day is coming.

ah dammit......I lost my dog the same way...big 100lb dobe.....used to pick him up and carry him around cause I didn't want to let him go.....
sorry OFG...keep her comfortable and hang onto her as long as you can, they're pretty resilient.....

Sorry to hear OFG. Our dogs are family and rule the roost. The kids are lucky to have bedrooms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jrzmac

wow, sorry to hear. I had a Cairn Terrier. Cleo was her name, she was like a lil kid! same thing happened to her. out of nowhere too? we took such good care of her. only the best food. all the shots. all the vet visits! didn't mean anything. she was only like 10. toughest thing I had to do in my life!

So sorry man...I been there a few times...its gonna be rough on your whole family. Knowing when to let go is one of the toughest things.

toomanytoys

I'm really sorry man. I have 2 dogs and I love them to death. They always are there to greet me when I get home, always around. I would miss them. Hell I still miss my childhood dog...

Sorry to hear that, enjoy your time with her and take good care of her, that's all you can do. Losing a dog is very hard, keep your head up and be positive for her.

sorry to hear that man just take all the lessions learned from that dog and apply them to your next buddy. because they are buddys:thumbsup: i just replaced my akita mix that passed in 08 this july with his great grand child lol. he is 5.5months and 77.4 lbs lol crossed with mastiff twice. i still see my nemo in puppy duke everyday. i am truly sorry bro :wink:

bandit 40

Dam:no: sorry to hear OFG....Years ago we lost a Irish setter to epilepsy,we new it was gonna happen very soon and just kept her closer and not alone..

PatrickCraik

Sorry About The bad News

We have 2 and love 'em like they're part of the family. I hope she stays with you a long time without any pain. I'm not a cat guy but somehow had one for 18 or 19 years and was very sad when she had to be put down a few yaers back.

The same gene that makes us like minis must make us love dogs it appears. Been there done that too many times OFG. I really feel for you. Two Danes and a Puggle here presently and a life time of dogs owning me. Until they invent a dog that lives 80 years, we are doomed to repeat this scenario. However, I love 'em too much to quit.