My Experience in throwing a Hemi Predator on a CT200u

Just thought I would throw out a couple of tips as I am nearing completion on this project.

1) Use the tins off the Hisun motor, you need the indentation under the cylinder/piston to fit the jackshaft setup.

2) Grab 4- 5/8"x36tpi-3/4" bolts and lockwashers to fit the jackshaft plate back to the predator motor. The Hisun has metric bolts while the predator has standard fine-thread.

3) Use the fuel tank off the Hisun. The gas cap is in a better place and the tank is an easy swap.

I also installed a NR Racing stage 3 setup w/ MOD 2 cam, chikuni carb, angled manifold, etc.

I had to grind the crank a bit to clear the camshaft, but otherwise everything went together easily thanks to [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] 's awesome build thread.

I still need to find an exhaust to use. I really like [MENTION=56742]escout[/MENTION] 's setup, but haven't found anybody local to bend one up for me.

I hope to get it running this weekend with some comparisons to my son's bone-stock CT200u. The exhaust will likely be choking output a fair bit, but we shall see.

Stay Tuned......

Last edited:

SAS289

You should see quite a difference with the larger cammed and carbed hemi vs the smaller stock engine.

Last edited:
Thanks coupeowner , I'm glad that thread helped you out a little . :thumbsup:

I can bend you a 1'' header if you can shoot me some good pics of it .

Last edited:
2) Grab 4x 5/8"x36tpi-3/4" bolts and lockwashers to fit the jackshaft plate back to the predator motor. The Hisun has metric bolts while the predator has standard fine-thread.
That's sure a bastard size???? I think you meant 4) 5/16 x 24 tpi x 3/4".