My first build

Got started on engine cover tonight. I will also be mounting throttle linkage off this plate. I made it multi layered for looks mainly. The bottom plate will be black and top plate blue. I still need to fill in the sides to enclose the top of the engine and hide it.

Attachments

joshua. c.

it appears you are running from the jackshaft on the torque converter back plate to another jackshaft but why? every extra set of barring's and length of chain eats up power. why not just mount the driven clutch on the second jackshaft that has the brakes and eliminate the back plate?

joshua. c.

for a new belt you need to measure the distance from the center of the crankshaft to the center of the jackshaft. each belt on the site fomogo listed has a recommended center to center distance you just need to pick the one that's closest to the detentions you get and adjust your jackshaft or engine mounting a bit to match the belts recommended distance perfectly. and make sure you get a belt that matches your driven's size and clutch series. if I had to guess that's a comet 30 series or a nock off you have witch has an asymmetrical belt and has a 6 inch driven.
as far a clutch guard you only really need that to protect your leg, some people don't even use one if there leg doesn't sit close to the clutch. you can fabricate new clutch guard out of sheet metal or if you can get the jackshaft close enough to the engine you might be able to use the one you have after fabricating a custom mount.
in the end its up to you. the setup I recommended is better for weight and power but if you feel switching it to complicated and or just want to use your current setup it would work just fine.

Last edited:
Awesome build! Great vision and skills. The handlebars, the seat, the sissy bar, the tank, that rear tire/wheel - all very cool. Keep the photos coming please, and thank you for sharing!

The dart is a 67 with a 470" stroker motor. Went 10.53 @ 129mph first hit. Cuda is a 69 340 4-speed formula s. Pretty rare highly optioned car.
Nice! That Dart is quick. Your 69 will make a fun car. Looks like a solid car. My best friend in High School had a 67 Formula S with a 383, auto, AC, PS & PDB. Floor shift with console. Had a Sure Grip but no clue on the gear. Fast car in the 70,s. I had a 66 Formula S that had a Hi Po 273 in it. Auto on the column with disc brakes. Traded for it and sold it just as fast. Wish I could have kept it but again it was the 70's. They were just another car on the street back then....

Doug