My First Mini Bike Project

Well my dad had this Murray Track 2 sitting in his shed that is falling apart. I asked home if I could have it and he said yes. So I brought it back to my house and starting tearing it apart.

IMG_2999.JPG
IMG_3064.JPG
IMG_3065.JPG
IMG_3066.JPG
IMG_3067.JPG
IMG_3069.JPG
IMG_3070.JPG
IMG_3071.JPG

Tomorrow I begin prepping the frame for paint. Going with flat black. I have not decided on what color the rims are going to be. I cleaned the used clutch and put it back together. The clutch seemed to be in good shape. I will be using the old clutch and chain for a short period of time until I get a new chain to go with my new clutch. I also have to get new wheel bearings.

So far I am enjoying this build

Update

I have the frame painted. I still have a lot to clean up and paint.

IMG_3073.JPG IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3075.JPG

I disassembled the exterior of the motor to clean it up and I am also getting g rid of the gas tank and going to build one. I also cleaned the seat shock.

IMG_3080.JPG IMG_3091.JPG

I just ordered the chain and new wheel bearings so they should be here next week. I also ordered the K&N replacement filter for the stock housing. I am going to tomorrow to get two new headset bearings for the front fork.

Been busy with some shop clean up projects but I am starting back on the mini bike next week. Going to put the frame together. I am thinking of painting the motor but unsure if I should.

AldoA

Last time I toasted some rear bearings on a mountain I came back and had to get them glowing hot with a torch a big old hammer.

I'm guessing it wasn't that bad for you?

While you're there could I ask you for some measurements on the forks? The center piece.. OD top and bottom and height. Thanks!

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Thats one of the last USA built minibikes , welcome to the world of minibikes, keep up the progress
The stamp on the left rear axle tab says "China" on it. Maybe China, Kentucky?:laugh:

I have built a couple Murrays. Let me know if you have any questions or need some help!