My first Rupp resto!

novadose74

My 1970 Rupp Roadster. I bought it about 12 years ago, exactly as pictured for $300. I have 10 other minis that I have been fixing and restoring. I didn’t think I was ever going to get to it. I was going to sell it, because I need the money, but I just couldn’t do it. So after months of agonizing over this decision, I said screw it, I’m starting another project! I have NOS rear shocks, NOS front springs, repro clutch cover, new rear sprocket and drum, and NOS front struts and a few other new items. So far I got to the rear drum cover and parts. I will post more as I go along. Hope you like it. Tom

Attachments

WTC3

Roadster progress

I might go with the slanted intake. I like the way it looks. It kind of fills in the space between the engine and the downtube. Tom
Hi Tom, I just purchased a 1970 Roadster, but I need a slanted intake like you have pictured. My seller had the diaphragm carb replaced with a bowl carb, but it is not level, I need to buy one. Where did you find this ? Any help would be appreciated.

-Tim-

novadose74

I replaced the bolts that came with the grab bar with some round head bolts. I figure they will not wear through the new seat cover. Well, at least not as much, I hope. Has anyone done something similar? I might replace the shock bolt also with the same type of bolt type. 8ADCB157-1142-46B4-AA37-D629CA64F93F.jpeg 8ADCB157-1142-46B4-AA37-D629CA64F93F.jpeg 6D73BCB5-144A-4EAD-BCC1-CB7A8FE6974A.jpeg