My First Sled

Picked up my first sled on Sunday. 2000 Polaris xcsp 600. 6150 miles, everything appears to be in good working condition. I'm getting excited to ride this winter!
Here are a few pics from the sellers place

Here's a pic with my kids riding it in my garage. They love it already and have no idea what it does lol

Its a polaris don't get too excited and get used to wrenching on it.
Dude, don't rain on his parade...All sleds require maintenance.

The Polaris 600 twin is one of the more reliable engines of any sled of any time. It's right up there with the Polaris 488 (liquid or fan) of the 90s.

Nice sled! Have a great winter and pray for snow.

That is a great motor in that sled....I had an 01 ZR600...and that polaris would pull me on the top by a sled or two.... keep the exhaust valves clean...good on fuel as well....LET IT SNOW!!!

Didn't want to leave the kiddos out of it. Picked up a 1998 arctic cat kitty cat for them. Has something like a 68cc 2 stroke. Think it's a Kawasaki motor?

Didn't want to leave the kiddos out of it. Picked up a 1998 arctic cat kitty cat for them. Has something like a 68cc 2 stroke. Think it's a Kawasaki motor?

60cc Suzuki in all but the very first year built which had the Kawasaki in 1972 I believe.

We rebuilt our engine last summer after 30+ years of abuse the crank seal finally gave out. They are great little sleds for packed snow in the back yard (make a track with your big sled for the kids to follow) or if you can find a wheel kit you can drive them year round. If you are lucky it may already have the posts attached to the top of the skis & you can just buy lawn mower tires at the hardware store.

When they grow our of it just keep it....I've never seen one go down in value that's running.

Last edited:
Please go play in very heavy traffic , You ride USED entry level junk and have the balls to rip on a good sled.
I bet it feels good to be an Internet tough guy. Not sure what your talking about entry level junk ?

Doesn't matter though. I know Polaris makes inferior products and if others want that junk that's on them.

You should have a lot of fun on it. That sure looks like the previous owner took care of it nice and clean looking. Check the wear bars before heading out make sure there in good shape. What year is it. I have a 99 xc700. High perf twin and it was a blast in the white stuff. Becarefull you can get in trouble really fast on it. Have fun when we get snow.