My MB165 Kinda Build Thread

I own a company that makes sensors for motorsports. I was looking for a pit bike to make my rounds doing customer support and installs .

So Sunday I picked up a very low use MB165. It still had the plastic cover on the seat and nubs on the tires. It had sat for about 4 years. Got it home, cleaned what I could on the carb and it fired right up.

Today I painted the tin work. I am having tank decals made with my company logo.
I need to order a carb as the main jet is completely seized and is not coming out. A rear rack will be the next project.

Now for Pictures.

20170115_193435.jpg

20170119_155558.jpg

20170119_155701.jpg

20170119_165836.jpg

20170119_165803.jpg

Very close color wise. Wimbleton White is a 60's Ford color and it is a bone or almond shade. Not a refrigerator white like GM used.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Kind of reminds me of a Buddies FLH Harley that was the same color of Egg-shell white. Looks cool

I may have some Harley decals If your interested?

PM if you are?

Kind of reminds me of a Buddies FLH Harley that was the same color of Egg-shell white. Looks cool

I may have some Harley decals If your interested?

PM if you are?
Yeah A buddy of mine had a softail this color. Thanks but I am having stickers with my company logo on them

Finished the rear rack today. It fits a tackle box I use at the track with all my electrical stuff.
I have a 4x8 foot Shop Bot CNC router I use for making parts. Rack is made from .750" King Starboard.
I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

20170122_002416.jpg

20170122_002135.jpg

20170122_002213.jpg

Looking good. You put some thought into that rack. I like it! :thumbsup:
Thank You

Probably a day and a half in the design and machining. I love doing this kind of stuff. It required me to make an angled spacer which finally forced me to learn to draw and machine in 3D.

That looks sick. If you could find some the correct size some little saddlebags would look right at home hanging off that.
When I was searching for this one I found one online that was being setup with bags and a windshield.

Can't decide if I like it or not.

Now maybe I could Thermoform some hard bags........

I can see this snowballing :)

Last edited:
When I was searching for this one I found one online that was being setup with bags and a windshield.

Can't decide if I like it or not.

Now maybe I could Thermoform some hard bags........

I can see this snowballing :)
Yeah funny thing I hate bags on motorcycles but I think they would good on one of these. Not sure about a windscreen.

Why thermo? Personally I think I would use fiberglass to build them out of. Then again you most likely have way better setups at your fingertips than the homemade vacuum table I got lol.

Yeah funny thing I hate bags on motorcycles but I think they would good on one of these. Not sure about a windscreen.

Why thermo? Personally I think I would use fiberglass to build them out of. Then again you most likely have way better setups at your fingertips than the homemade vacuum table I got lol.
Can't stand the smell of fiberglass anymore. Much quicker to Vacuum form more copies.
Got this last year. Sorry could not rotate the pic.

First part I made learning the machine