My Outlawfabshop drag frame winter project

125ccCrazy

That is a great looking frame, huge brake, excellent!

Jon
Thanks Jon,
Mark gets all the credit for building the frame...I'm just changing a few things from the original plan when we started..

The brake is a dual piston for an atv... it should stop it okay but I'm still leaning towards a front brake set up too..

chadillac

how wide is the rear section of your bike? 10''. I was looking at getting the same rim and tire combo just wondering if I can get the 8x8. or the same as you? I looked and didn t notice any 7x8 did you specal order it..

125ccCrazy

how wide is the rear section of your bike? 10''. I was looking at getting the same rim and tire combo just wondering if I can get the 8x8. or the same as you? I looked and didn t notice any 7x8 did you specal order it..
mine is 11.5" between the tubes.... I think 8x8 will be too wide if yours is 10" between the tubes.... that leaves less an inch on either side with the bulge of the tire...

…Well I Got my wheel back today... I'm not a 100% satisfied with the work..the bearings dont press in nearly as tight as they should and for what I paid they should have been perfect...:doah:
if you paid for a certain tolerance and it's out of range, get them to tig and re-bore.

125ccCrazy

if you paid for a certain tolerance and it's out of range, get them to tig and re-bore.
yeah it isn't right but I think I can center punch a few lines of dots around the inside of the bore and it will fit tight...kinda like knurling.... I had to do this on jackshaft plates I bought so the bearing fit tight.... it will be ok....just a little disappointing it wasn't spot on like it should have been....

Nice Hot Rod Randi! How bout a big V-Twin? decisions...decisions :laugh:
Next time I'll be able to help ya out on the wheel, bummer the timing was off and I couldnt do this one.:doah:

125ccCrazy

Nice Hot Rod Randi! How bout a big V-Twin? decisions...decisions :laugh:
Next time I'll be able to help ya out on the wheel, bummer the timing was off and I couldnt do this one.:doah:
Thanks Will, a big V-twin would be cool too...hmmmmm :laugh:.......... no biggie on the wheel..it's not real bad but not as tight as it should have been...it should have been a light press fit and not a drop in fit...

Great looking build, we are using a formula too, but had no idea how to put more rubber on the ground, thanks for the ideas

View attachment 49522

I have seen from reading here the tav won't hold up, but it has so far, of course it had to go out for numerous test beatings

125ccCrazy

Great looking build, we are using a formula too, but had no idea how to put more rubber on the ground, thanks for the ideas

View attachment 49522

I have seen from reading here the tav won't hold up, but it has so far, of course it had to go out for numerous test beatings
looking good 56, that will be a nice ride :thumbsup:..... it would look really tough with a nice fat slick on it...

125ccCrazy

some changes coming down the road...

Thinking about going with a 420 predator on the bike....it's going to require a lot of changes and mods to make it work but what the heck eh?

125ccCrazy

Thanks guys.... it's going to fit nice but I may have to replace the engine plate so I can center it on the frame... The jackshaft will be upgraded to either 3/4" or 1" to handle the power and torque as I don't think the 5/8" j/s will hold up too well....

Time to start selling off some bikes and parts to fund this monster's goodies I want to get for it...

Plans are pretty basic:

billet rod
billet flywheel
cam ( got to see what's avail for the 420)
32-34mm mikuni
springs
5/16 push rods
billet lifters
ss valves
piston