My Rupp Clutch Cover Rebuild Project

I bought a 1969 Rupp Goat a while ago and the only flaw it had was a clutch cover that had the center broke out of it. This is somewhat common when the set screws holding the clutch in place on the shaft come loose. One of 2 things happen: Either the clutch itself slides over and grinds against the cover and trashes it, or the key works its way out and trashes the cover. One of those scenarios happened to this one. I finally decided to do something about it. I had some center caps made at a metal working place that specializes in laser cutting. I then fit the cap into the clutch cover and positioned it so it would stay in place and not move. I have a buddy that is a specialty TIG welder that is able to weld very thin material without warping it. This is the end result. I will smooth the inside down when I want to restore the Goat, but this will get me by for my daily riding (when spring comes back to MN:rolleyes:).

Thanks guys. If anyone has a clutch cover that has had this happen to it and they want to sell it I would be open to purchasing it and reworking it too. I had the laser cutters make me a couple extra "blanks" for me. :smile: