Need a little advice on my HS50 carb.

20170205_123001.jpg I'm in the process of cleaning up and painting a HS50 for my JC Penneys/Bird Mini. The question I have is can I plug the nipple for the primer? Will the bike start and run OK without the primer?

Sprocket86

Thanks Markus for clearing this up. I had asked a very similar question a few posts down.

But I do have one question? What symptoms would this present if I were to cap off the primer nipple and not enlarge the vent hole in the carb body?

Thanks

markus

Thanks Markus for clearing this up. I had asked a very similar question a few posts down.

But I do have one question? What symptoms would this present if I were to cap off the primer nipple and not enlarge the vent hole in the carb body?

Thanks
bigger chance of it siphoning/flooding thru the jet, never got past that so I could not tell you if it has ill effects during Running operation.

I beginning to believe I'm the only one converting over to "snow" carburetors...
Glad you're still lurking around! I'm beginning to believe you are right about using a primer. The Trail Bike starts right up but needs to have the throttle opened more than it should until it warms up....a little bit of surge and the bike lurches forward.