Need help finding out what this is

As per my introduction post on the other thread Ive had this bike since I was around 15 my dad and I vaguely remember a Trojan sticker on the forks but I can't say for certain. I know it did originally had a Tecumseh engine, theres a horse head stamped on the forks but Ive never been able to figure it out. Ive attached some pics one poor pick of the frame in the process of paint stripping and another one of the Horse stamp.

Thanks for your help guys I appreciate it.
-Lucas

Attachments

capguncowboy

That definitely looks like a Bird Wren to me.

There was a company called Trojan offering bikes, but I've never seen one like that. They looked more like suped up Bonanzas

That's not to say they didn't rebadge some Birds for their product line though. I'm sure @markus would be able to give more info

markus

I would call it a Roper era Sears mini bike, from 1972/73 the horse head thing I have no clue on. Unless post 1973 that design ended up in someone else's hands when sears ended selling those bikes but I have never seen that, they were exclusive to Sears between 1971-73 when they were built like that (1" tubing, chainguard mounting setup, headtube reinforcement wrap, etc.. When stripping it did you find any traces of another color under the primer coat? thise from the 1972/73 catalogs: 1973 fall winter sears (3).jpg

I would call it a Roper era Sears mini bike, from 1972/73 the horse head thing I have no clue on. Unless post 1973 that design ended up in someone else's hands when sears ended selling those bikes but I have never seen that, they were exclusive to Sears between 1971-73 when they were built like that (1" tubing, chainguard mounting setup, headtube reinforcement wrap, etc.. When stripping it did you find any traces of another color under the primer coat? thise from the 1972/73 catalogs: View attachment 264467
it was black when I got it, so I am unsure what color it was originally. The horse head stamp is very defined and sharpe so maybe someone did it after it was made or it’ll just be part of the mystery. Thank you all for your help, I’ve wondered for years who made this thing!