need help with predator 212cc

Is this going on a new Doodlebug or old?

If new, you will need to bend the rear fender bracket toward the back to fit the motor.

That may require cutting and re welding the bracket.

You'll need a clutch cover too, not sure what else you have?

catfishman

that should do it for you, but you might want to get a better brake for it, i have not yet, but need to. you can get the hydralic brake from hotrodminibike.com

it is the old db.But i was watching video and a guy had to cut links of his original chain do i have to do this for the one i ordered and does the clutch come with the bolt to put it on. also what oil should i use. i live in the midwest so its cold so i dont know if theres special oil for that? thanks and if anyone has any posts or videos explaining how to put engine on with engine plate it would GREATLY HELP! thanks!

Re-

I just installed a 212 in old style striaght frame so I did not have to cut the fender, butt had to remove 2 chain links. I used a #35 tool for this. You can also use a drimel with grinder wheel. When you have more Q's I will try my best to answer. This was my 1st rodeo also. Came out pretty good...

:scooter:

catfishman

you should not need anything, the predator has 2 places you can hook the throttle cable to, just make sure to loosen the nut, so it moves freely.

Relax with all of the "bumping". :no:Remember, this is a forum, not a live chatroom. Be patient and you will likely get your answer.:wink:
Michael

The Original clutch on a Baja doodle bug will not work on a predator engine.you need to have the chain gear next to the engine or on the inside.You will need a clutch cover.

I would get, or make a clutch guard. I mean, technically, you don't really need one, but technically, you don't really need brakes, my first minibike had neither a clutch guard or brakes, but if you like your left leg, I would get a clutch guard. Even if you don't have a welder, you can make a decent guard out of some flat-bar. Just bend a piece over the clutch and bend a few mounting bracket and bolt the whole thing together. The Predator is extremely easy to hook up a throttle on, already has all the mounting hardware right out of the box for either a rear, or side mounted throttle.

For oil, I would run a cheap dyno 10w-30oil for the break-in period, then switch to a synthetic 10w-30. People will argue about this endlessly, but I run and own a lot of smaller engines in rough terrain. (I own a lawn care company with something like 16-20 small engines, not counting 2 cycle or hand held stuff). My engine life increased HUGE when I started running full synthetic oils. I get about 2x the lifespan, and my mowers have hour meters, so that is not just a wild guess.

hey turftech whats that dyno oil? i looked it up online and theres pretty much nothing and i asked my uncle he didnt know either so he just told me to put it 5w-30 because its cold where im from but i havent put the oil in yet so i need feedback